Thread: WDBJ news station upping security after journalists murdered

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

WDBJ news station upping security after journalists murdered

"Days after reporter Allison Parker and cameraman Adam Ward were fatally shot by a former co-worker on live television, WDBJ’s general manager Jeff Marks said the network will be implementing security and safety changes to its live news coverage... [ ... ] The manager stopped short of explaining what measures would be taken, “because there are crazy people out there and I think it’s best if we keep our plans to ourselves.”

Mr. Marks said he believed the discussion about tighter security is going on in every newsroom in the country..."
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

earth's crust
    How many ex-employees did they piss off?

Too little...too late.

Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    So if every news outlet is upping security, logic says most likely armed security, for it's reporters/news crews will they still present a gun control for us ordinary folks bias in their reporting?
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

here nc
    Last edited by solus; 08-31-2015 at 06:21 PM.
    The most logically consistent theories are unbelievable. B. Russell

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

To often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. ~John F. Kennedy

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

North Carolina
    The stations in south Florida usually had extra personnel on the scene with reporters, none armed that I know of. That probably will be their extra security, sending a producer out with the news crews.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primus
    "Well.... If you take my hat. Decide to wear my hat. Its in your possession ."

"I call popo say "he has my hat i left it at his house". They go talk to you. You say its yours. Sounds like a civil court matter."

"Now I instead say he robbed me... Well popo done go and cuff you up I keep hat or it goes to go to court I testify you done did rob me. You now have to prove you didn't...."