Thread: 4th amendment case - likely applicable to the boston illegal searches after bombing

Banned

4th amendment case - likely applicable to the boston illegal searches after bombing

If life were fair, that would leave several marks. Violation of constitutional rights, and having at least one officer's name added to the Brady list which comes out of Brady v - of all places - Maryland. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_disclosure

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    christ. It's like reading the latest dystopian novella.
    Some cop should be facing dozens of charges of civil rights violations.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    christ. It's like reading the latest dystopian novella.Some cop should be facing dozens of charges of civil rights violations.
    I agree, the officers lied under testimony and falsified reports.

and the entering of SEVERAL units without warrant is just disgusting to the point I want to vomit. they have no articulable suspicion to believe he was in EVERY unit just a belief he could be in any ONE of them, as a result a warrant should have been issued for each individual residence unit, or a perimeter maintained and ID requested. as they could believe anyone exiting, articulably, could be a person who goes by the name "ty" after presenting ID and verifying no "ty" exists in the name, the people should be allowed to continue their freedom of movement.

this is fail of epic magnitude. there are SEVERAL civil rights violations and this department needs a hefty reprimand and a lot of fired officers.

Banned
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...icer-shot.html

Looks like cops from here have not read the decision.

Illinois cops going door to door again w/o PC. Are people letting them in willingly? With a M16 pointed at their faces? Subject to opinion I guess.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...icer-shot.html

Looks like cops from here have not read the decision.

Illinois cops going door to door again w/o PC. Are people letting them in willingly? With a M16 pointed at their faces? Subject to opinion I guess.
    I imagine they just break in anywhere they aren't willingly let in. A cop was shot. If you're uncomfortable with the occupying force implementing de facto martial law you're most likely a terrorist.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Banned
    I imagine they just break in anywhere they aren't willingly let in. A cop was shot. If you're uncomfortable with the occupying force implementing de facto martial law you're most likely a terrorist.
    ROFL on that one.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    . If you're uncomfortable with the occupying force implementing de facto martial law you're most likely a terrorist.

Oh my goodness there is so much truth in this.

So sad.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)