• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

4th amendment case - likely applicable to the boston illegal searches after bombing

twoskinsonemanns

christ. It's like reading the latest dystopian novella.
Some cop should be facing dozens of charges of civil rights violations.

Ezek

christ. It's like reading the latest dystopian novella.Some cop should be facing dozens of charges of civil rights violations.

I agree, the officers lied under testimony and falsified reports.

and the entering of SEVERAL units without warrant is just disgusting to the point I want to vomit. they have no articulable suspicion to believe he was in EVERY unit just a belief he could be in any ONE of them, as a result a warrant should have been issued for each individual residence unit, or a perimeter maintained and ID requested. as they could believe anyone exiting, articulably, could be a person who goes by the name "ty" after presenting ID and verifying no "ty" exists in the name, the people should be allowed to continue their freedom of movement.

this is fail of epic magnitude. there are SEVERAL civil rights violations and this department needs a hefty reprimand and a lot of fired officers.

twoskinsonemanns

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3218640/Chicago-manhunt-underway-police-officer-shot.html

Looks like cops from here have not read the decision.

Illinois cops going door to door again w/o PC. Are people letting them in willingly? With a M16 pointed at their faces? Subject to opinion I guess.

I imagine they just break in anywhere they aren't willingly let in. A cop was shot. If you're uncomfortable with the occupying force implementing de facto martial law you're most likely a terrorist.