Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Swatting" - Anyone have this happen to them?

"Swatting" - Anyone have this happen to them?

It appears that this tactic of "Swatting" has been promoted for a while by the anti-gunners. This article was posted on Fox News a couple of days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01.../?intcmp=hpbt2

I open a carry a double gun shoulder rig here in AZ and have yet to have an issue. I'm curious if anyone has had this happen to them? If so please post your experience or comment on the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    My note to newsmanager@foxnews.com
    CSGV SWATting, abuse of 9-1-1 emergency call system
    September 2 2015 9:12 AM (7 minutes ago)

To: newsmanager@foxnews.com

Many states have statutes to prevent abuse of 9-1-1 emergency call systems.

Abusive emergency calls only further burden the operators.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucko View Post
    It appears that this tactic of "Swatting" has been promoted for a while by the anti-gunners. This article was posted on Fox News a couple of days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/01.../?intcmp=hpbt2

I open a carry a double gun shoulder rig here in AZ and have yet to have an issue. I'm curious if anyone has had this happen to them? If so please post your experience or comment on the article.
    uh, humm...don't cross into other states sub threads i presume:

KY: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...130904-SWATing

WA: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-Open-Carriers

might wish to cruise a bit around the other sub threads bucko...

ispe
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I did a search

solus,

I did a search for "Swatting" as the article called it. Did not realize that others were referring to it as SWATing. Thank you for referencing the other posts. And I did want to post about the recent article.

I don't know what search engine you may be using. A good search engine should be almost blind to case upper/lower, spaces, and punctuation - for them being so abused.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I don't know what search engine you may be using. A good search engine should be almost blind to case upper/lower, spaces, and punctuation - for them being so abused.
    there is a big difference between one t and two t's, though.

Quote Originally Posted by dmatting View Post
    there is a big difference between one t and two t's, though.
    i'm sure, to his credit, he tried to use and search OC's forum search engine which is exemplary (coughing up a hair ball) and technologically advanced search device...

(no grape didn't speek unkindly about the mechanism...not the whip again...won't happen ever again!!)

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

We have known about these tactics for a long time, and in Ohio those tactics got a young man killed. The swatter should have been charged with murder for outright lying to 911 operator.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i'm sure, to his credit, he tried to use and search OC's forum search engine which is exemplary (coughing up a hair ball) and technologically advanced search device...

(no grape didn't speek unkindly about the mechanism...not the whip again...won't happen ever again!!)

ipse
    I'll talk to you about this after dinner.

Seriously, I always use "Search Single Content Type and not ever "Search Multiple Content Type."
    One or two key words at most will generally get me what I want.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    bucko...
    Never cared for that term. Demeaning methinks.
    Be active.

Originally Posted by solus

bucko...

Moderator note --totally erroneous quote content--
    Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    Never cared for that term. Demeaning methinks.
    Solus did not use that term.

If you look at post#3, you will see that"bucko" is a user/member - that is his screen name.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    Understood, still don't care for the name. I think I must have been called that in my youth.
    Be active.

I'm more interested in the "double gun shoulder rig" as stated by the OP.

I'm picturing "Last Man Standing" type with dual .45's.

What about it "Bucko"?

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    Understood, still don't care for the name. I think I must have been called that in my youth.
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    --snipped--
    What about it "Bucko"?
    Urban Dictionary

bucko. Slang term for a male acquaintance, used in a mock aggressive or openly hostile way.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bucko
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-03-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheTwins.jpg 
Views:	295 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	12735
    Quote Originally Posted by FTG-05 View Post
    I'm more interested in the "double gun shoulder rig" as stated by the OP.

I'm picturing "Last Man Standing" type with dual .45's.

What about it "Bucko"?
    I carry two S&W M&P 9s with Trijicon RMR's each with Arrendondo Accessories extended mag plate which add 5 rounds to my 17 round capacity. And I have 4 extra 17 round magazines, two under each gun.

I carry two S&W M&P 9s with Trijicon RMR's each with Arrendondo Accessories extended mag plate which add 5 rounds to my 17 round capacity. And I have 4 extra 17 round magazines, two under each gun.
    Is this your EDC or some form of IPSA rig?

Wow...

All I was trying to do was to bring a recent article to the attention of those on this forum about "Swatting". I had no idea that my user name of "Bucko" would become an issue or the fact that I had never heard about "Swatting" before. I did a search for "Swatting" within the forum search. I had no idea that others were referring to it as "SWATing". Sorry, I don't have the time to search through all the forum posts for any variation of a topic. I did appreciate a poster referring me to some other posts on the subject.

Can we get back to the issue at hand, anyone have any other experiences or can post any other links to this happening?

Thanks,

Bucko
    Last edited by Bucko; 09-03-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Is this your EDC or some form of IPSA rig?
    This is my everyday carry.

Banned

If you had one 9mm and one 45 cal then you would be the perfect OCer. Make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If you had one 9mm and one 45 cal then you would be the perfect OCer. Make everyone happy.
    He could also try alternating 9mm and .45acp ammo in the same mag - making someone except him happy.

It is good would to keep all of your gear compatible and ammo (mags too) interchangeable.

I may not be the best example as my primary is a .45acp 1911 and my BUG is a .38 cal mod 60. I like the revolver BUG because it is less prone to typical semi-auto failures.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-03-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    All I was trying to do was to bring a recent article to the attention of those on this forum about "Swatting". I had no idea that my user name of "Bucko" would become an issue or the fact that I had never heard about "Swatting" before. I did a search for "Swatting" within the forum search. I had no idea that others were referring to it as "SWATing". Sorry, I don't have the time to search through all the forum posts for any variation of a topic. I did appreciate a poster referring me to some other posts on the subject.

Can we get back to the issue at hand, anyone have any other experiences or can post any other links to this happening?

Thanks,

Bucko
    Amazon.com sells a hi-tech Teflon spray specifically developed for buckos.

Bucko, you live to post another day!!!!!

Thanks, Bucko
    BUCKO, welcome to the philosophically eclectic and sometimes eccentric membership of OCDO...myself, excluded of course

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-03-2015 at 06:23 PM.

BUCKO, welcome to the philosophically eclectic and sometimes eccentric membership of OCDO...myself, excluded of course [emoji14]

ipse
    Yeah, you were never welcomed in. You snuck in under guise of being that other guys friend and so far you have just survived.

😜

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

....Can we get back to the issue at hand, anyone have any other experiences or can post any other links to this happening?
    Indeed, let's get back to the subject.

My feeling is that due to the long history of open carry in Aridzona (in fact, open carry being the Only way to legally carry there for a number of years) that law enforcement is not overly concerned about something they've nearly since forever.

I used to ride a mountain bike on a regular basis whilst living in Sierra Vista and had a grand total of One conversation with the local gendarmes. He passed me while I had my shotgun strapped to the handlebars on my way out to a dry creek to go shooting one day. His reason why was that someone had called and said I was 'pointing a shotgun in their direction as they were walking'. We both observed that my firearm was quite properly secured to the forks on my handlebars and after a little confab we agreed that it might cause less trouble if the muzzle were pointed away from any pedestrians even if that meant that many more times it would be pointed towards any passing cars. I switched it off and pedalled off to continue my fun and all was right with the world again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    Indeed, let's get back to the subject.

My feeling is that due to the long history of open carry in Aridzona (in fact, open carry being the Only way to legally carry there for a number of years) that law enforcement is not overly concerned about something they've nearly since forever.

I used to ride a mountain bike on a regular basis whilst living in Sierra Vista and had a grand total of One conversation with the local gendarmes. He passed me while I had my shotgun strapped to the handlebars on my way out to a dry creek to go shooting one day. His reason why was that someone had called and said I was 'pointing a shotgun in their direction as they were walking'. We both observed that my firearm was quite properly secured to the forks on my handlebars and after a little confab we agreed that it might cause less trouble if the muzzle were pointed away from any pedestrians even if that meant that many more times it would be pointed towards any passing cars. I switched it off and pedalled off to continue my fun and all was right with the world again.
    A vertical mount (scabbard on the fork?) might have worked better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast