• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Swatting" - Anyone have this happen to them?

Bucko

It appears that this tactic of "Swatting" has been promoted for a while by the anti-gunners. This article was posted on Fox News a couple of days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/0...permit-holders-putting-lives-at/?intcmp=hpbt2

I open a carry a double gun shoulder rig here in AZ and have yet to have an issue. I'm curious if anyone has had this happen to them? If so please post your experience or comment on the article.

solus

It appears that this tactic of "Swatting" has been promoted for a while by the anti-gunners. This article was posted on Fox News a couple of days ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/0...permit-holders-putting-lives-at/?intcmp=hpbt2

I open a carry a double gun shoulder rig here in AZ and have yet to have an issue. I'm curious if anyone has had this happen to them? If so please post your experience or comment on the article.

uh, humm...don't cross into other states sub threads i presume:

KY: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?130904-SWATing

WA: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...urging-SWATing-campaign-against-Open-Carriers

might wish to cruise a bit around the other sub threads bucko...

ispe

Bucko

I did a search

solus,

I did a search for "Swatting" as the article called it. Did not realize that others were referring to it as SWATing. Thank you for referencing the other posts. And I did want to post about the recent article.

dmatting

I don't know what search engine you may be using. A good search engine should be almost blind to case upper/lower, spaces, and punctuation - for them being so abused.

there is a big difference between one t and two t's, though.

solus

there is a big difference between one t and two t's, though.

i'm sure, to his credit, he tried to use and search OC's forum search engine which is exemplary (coughing up a hair ball) and technologically advanced search device...

(no grape didn't speek unkindly about the mechanism...not the whip again...won't happen ever again!!)

ipse

WalkingWolf

We have known about these tactics for a long time, and in Ohio those tactics got a young man killed. The swatter should have been charged with murder for outright lying to 911 operator.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
i'm sure, to his credit, he tried to use and search OC's forum search engine which is exemplary (coughing up a hair ball) and technologically advanced search device...

(no grape didn't speek unkindly about the mechanism...not the whip again...won't happen ever again!!)

ipse
I'll talk to you about this after dinner. :p

Seriously, I always use "Search Single Content Type and not ever "Search Multiple Content Type."
One or two key words at most will generally get me what I want.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by solus

bucko...

Moderator note --totally erroneous quote content--
Never cared for that term. Demeaning methinks.

Solus did not use that term.

If you look at post#3, you will see that"bucko" is a user/member - that is his screen name.

FTG-05

I'm more interested in the "double gun shoulder rig" as stated by the OP.

I'm picturing "Last Man Standing" type with dual .45's.

What about it "Bucko"?

Bucko

TheTwins.jpg
I'm more interested in the "double gun shoulder rig" as stated by the OP.

I'm picturing "Last Man Standing" type with dual .45's.

What about it "Bucko"?

I carry two S&W M&P 9s with Trijicon RMR's each with Arrendondo Accessories extended mag plate which add 5 rounds to my 17 round capacity. And I have 4 extra 17 round magazines, two under each gun.

Bucko

Wow...

All I was trying to do was to bring a recent article to the attention of those on this forum about "Swatting". I had no idea that my user name of "Bucko" would become an issue or the fact that I had never heard about "Swatting" before. I did a search for "Swatting" within the forum search. I had no idea that others were referring to it as "SWATing". Sorry, I don't have the time to search through all the forum posts for any variation of a topic. I did appreciate a poster referring me to some other posts on the subject.

Can we get back to the issue at hand, anyone have any other experiences or can post any other links to this happening?

Thanks,

Bucko

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
If you had one 9mm and one 45 cal then you would be the perfect OCer. Make everyone happy.:idea:
He could also try alternating 9mm and .45acp ammo in the same mag - making someone except him happy. :(

It is good would to keep all of your gear compatible and ammo (mags too) interchangeable.

I may not be the best example as my primary is a .45acp 1911 and my BUG is a .38 cal mod 60. I like the revolver BUG because it is less prone to typical semi-auto failures.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
All I was trying to do was to bring a recent article to the attention of those on this forum about "Swatting". I had no idea that my user name of "Bucko" would become an issue or the fact that I had never heard about "Swatting" before. I did a search for "Swatting" within the forum search. I had no idea that others were referring to it as "SWATing". Sorry, I don't have the time to search through all the forum posts for any variation of a topic. I did appreciate a poster referring me to some other posts on the subject.

Can we get back to the issue at hand, anyone have any other experiences or can post any other links to this happening?

Thanks,

Bucko
Amazon.com sells a hi-tech Teflon spray specifically developed for buckos.

Bucko, you live to post another day!!!!! :lol:

solus

Thanks, Bucko

BUCKO, welcome to the philosophically eclectic and sometimes eccentric membership of OCDO...myself, excluded of course :p

ipse

Last edited: