Thread: UC FBI agents spy on Burning Man festival to prevent 'terrorism' and test intel tech

UC FBI agents spy on Burning Man festival to prevent 'terrorism' and test intel tech

FBI agents have been 'intelligence gathering' at the alternative festival
    Special agents warned they needed to consider the 'terrorism threat'
    An intelligence report warned that 'illegal drugs' were used by participants
    The FBI said 'free expression' among attendees was actively encouraged

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...echnology.html

LOL I wish that I had been able to convince my 'bewitched' FedGov travel office that something like this was work related! They thought TAD stood for Traveling Around Drunk.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    We are terrorists in the FBI's eyes .. at least most of use. You should learn the characteristics that they use to ID terrorists. It includes characteristics shared by most Americans.

Nice to see that they spy on us w/o cause ... of course we all knew that .. but specific examples showing a worse-than-1984-like police state is nice to see to educate folks.

I've been to Burning Man...the FBI will be wasting their time...intelligence is not a term I would attribute to Burning Man attendees. Thus, the FBI is/will be performing to expectation(s).
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I've been to Burning Man...the FBI will be wasting their time...intelligence is not a term I would attribute to Burning Man attendees. Thus, the FBI is/will be performing to expectation(s).
    Hey, I think you just "burned" yourself there.