• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Couple Face Loss of Foster Children Because Father Retrieved Gun For Self-Defense

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Nevada Couple Face Loss of Foster Children Because Father Retrieved Gun For Self-Defense

"Kristi and Rod Beber have been foster parents to “over a hundred kids,” but they fear they are about the lose the ones they have now because Rod grabbed a gun and went out the front of the house to protect the family during an alleged disturbance in their front yard in April."

"The matter was resolved without a shot being fired, without a physical injury being incurred, and without a police report being filed–although police showed up on scene after Kristi called 911."

"Nevertheless, News 3 reports that Nevada Department of Family Services (DFS) “pulled the Bebers’ foster license” and told the Bebers that Rod’s reaction to the disturbance did not sound like “an adult exercising sound judgment.” They also said state law “forbids any foster parent from having a loaded firearm in their home, regardless of the situation.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ecause-father-retrieved-gun-for-self-defense/

davidmcbeth

Banned
It was her bill, AB 167, which was signed into law in June and which allows foster parents to keep a gun and ammunition in the family home for self-defense and to carry a gun on their person “in the presence of a child” outside the home if they have a concealed carry permit.....from grape's link

So one needs a permission slip ... that's not very pro-2nd amendment.

Nice people being treated by a not-so-nice gov't agency. Outrageous.

I guess the state wants only liberals raising kids. Go figure.

utbagpiper

Banned
Nevada Couple Face Loss of Foster Children Because Father Retrieved Gun For Self-Defense

What?!? Certainly you don't think gun owners can be trusted to act as foster or adoptive parents? What next? Suggesting that children can be properly raised by homosexuals, atheists, or by foster/adoptive parents of a different race. Why child services would never go for those crazy....

Never mind.

(And I hope despite the lack of any special font, my sarcasm isn't missed by anyone.)

Last edited:

OC for ME

What the state giveth, the state can taketh. Tough situation. One less safe environment for the most vulnerable amongst us...thanks to liberals and liberalism.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

although police showed up on scene after Kristi called 911."

The problems i see are, If there is a disturbance outside, (as long as a loved one is not involved,) you have a good reason to stay inside. That way you can make sure the wife does not call the cops unnecessarily.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Rod has been pointing out that the law regarding firearms in a foster home changed in June – the law now allows “foster parents…to have a gun loaded and out of their safe for lawful purposes, namely to protect their family.”

But despite these pleas and the change in the law, DFS has yet to change its decision to take the children away."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...ecause-father-retrieved-gun-for-self-defense/

rightwinglibertarian

"Kristi and Rod Beber have been foster parents to “over a hundred kids,” but they fear they are about the lose the ones they have now because Rod grabbed a gun and went out the front of the house to protect the family during an alleged disturbance in their front yard in April."

"The matter was resolved without a shot being fired, without a physical injury being incurred, and without a police report being filed–although police showed up on scene after Kristi called 911."

"Nevertheless, News 3 reports that Nevada Department of Family Services (DFS) “pulled the Bebers’ foster license” and told the Bebers that Rod’s reaction to the disturbance did not sound like “an adult exercising sound judgment.” They also said state law “forbids any foster parent from having a loaded firearm in their home, regardless of the situation.”

I'm not surprised. We're getting more and more stories of children's services who are kidnapping children. Usually it's because a parent chooses to get a second opinion at a hospital or chooses not to give their children a poisonous vaccine. It seems only natural they would have serious issues with a parent actually daring to exercise a right and ignoring a state law the Constitution has voided. Solution? Oathkeepers.

Ezek

I'm not surprised. We're getting more and more stories of children's services who are kidnapping children. Usually it's because a parent chooses to get a second opinion at a hospital or chooses not to give their children a poisonous vaccine. It seems only natural they would have serious issues with a parent actually daring to exercise a right and ignoring a state law the Constitution has voided. Solution? Oathkeepers.

I would not say oathkeepers..

I would say a well informed and educated public/community, rallying behind this guy.

problem, not likely to happen, to much media brainwashing. (rarely watch over air news anymore, unless something local has happened and I want a brief overview of it, otherwise the rest is gibberish junk)

of course outside sources coming in to aide such as yourself and close friends and their other close friends could produce the same result.

rightwinglibertarian

I would not say oathkeepers..

I would say a well informed and educated public/community, rallying behind this guy.

problem, not likely to happen, to much media brainwashing. (rarely watch over air news anymore, unless something local has happened and I want a brief overview of it, otherwise the rest is gibberish junk)

of course outside sources coming in to aide such as yourself and close friends and their other close friends could produce the same result.

Thats another way of saying that we the people should act like the Militia we are. And you'd be right. But too many people are asleep and the Oathkeepers are not which is why I mentioned them