• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some officers may think you support killing them

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't know anyone who supports violent acts being perpetrated against cops. The

I also don't know any cop who does not drop the "I don't support unprofessional cops." Yet, we continue to have unprofessional cops, far more than we here are allowed to mention. It logically follows that your average beat cop is more interested in the pay check than actually working to remove from their ranks those they publicly claim not to support.

We have a [active duty cop ] member who has posted that he would not intervene if he witnesses a cop violating a citizen's rights. He would "be a good witness" and call a supervisor.

Sgt. Delroy Burton is focusing on the wrong issue...but, what is supposed to do, being a union man and all.

Hmmm - same thing we are admonished to do (in most cases) = be a good witness. So tell us how that is bad.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Hmmm - same thing we are admonished to do (in most cases) = be a good witness. So tell us how that is bad.

I'm with you grape. What's bad about it? Sit back and enjoy the show as one of the little commoners has their rights violated by a fellow cop. Makes for great stories back in the locker room. Of course be a good witness...everyone should have their story straight.

Ezek

I disagree, the officer is witnessing an illegal act, and therefore should be obligated to make an arrest and enforce the law, even if it is a fellow officer. as a citizen, I would like the ablity to make a citizens arrest under such pretense, but would likely just be laughed at or called crazy since I'm a mere peon and they are the "elite" with BS QI. or I would be charged with "assault on an officer" since the physical contact was "unwelcome" and possibly be physically abused/beaten, or shot and killed.

so I will just have to resolve myself to recording instances and supplying evidence contrary to the boys in blues statements/reports.

onus

Police are so afraid of people killing them yet heart attacks and car accidents kill 3 times as many cops as murder.

I always tell cops think of how scared you are of people killing you and you have a gun and a bulletproof vest. Just imagine how us citizens who live in California feel when we cant have guns to defend ourselves because corrupt criminal cops wont give us one.

Cops are *******

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
True. Consider that we are not burdened, after swearing a oath to do so, with upholding the law and to stop crimes that we may witness that are in progress.

Therein lies the issue.
The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that police officers at all levels of the government have no duty to protect the citizens of this country.
It is the job of police officers to investigate crimes and arrest criminals.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/supre...e-have-no-duty-to-protect-the-general-public/

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

Paranoid delusions.

Results in cops murder their fellow citizens, which is covered up as "suicide by cop."

Any officer like the OP describes is unfit for duty imho.

Last edited:

OC for ME

sudden valley gunner

The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that police officers at all levels of the government have no duty to protect the citizens of this country.

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/supre...e-have-no-duty-to-protect-the-general-public/

So seeing another cop committing a crime would not be a reason for arrest or interference?

I see cops invent reasons for detainment out of thin air all the time. Argue with many who think RAS or RS in this state is simple "suspicion".

PistolPackingMomma

We have a [active duty cop ] member who has posted that he would not intervene if he witnesses a cop violating a citizen's rights. He would "be a good witness" and call a supervisor.

Is the supposed insight here that cops violating citizen's rights are not crimes? :uhoh:

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

momma, who ya going call?

ipse

I've been told a lawyer is a good choice.

911-1911-colt-demotivational-posters-1353096804.jpg