Thread: VA Dems petition UBC in response to WDBJ murders. Van Cleave, VCDL, responds

VA Dems petition UBC in response to WDBJ murders. Van Cleave, VCDL, responds

"Gun control legislation historically is killed on an unrecorded vote in a House of Delegates subcommittee. Mr. Hope said the November election, when all 140 legislative seats are on the ballot, combined with growing public support for “common-sense gun violence prevention legislation” provides a glimmer of hope that the trend can be reversed.

Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League gun-rights group, said universal background checks would be ineffective in combatting gun violence."

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...on-gun-limits/

http://www.richmond.com/news/virgini...b59b99fb8.html
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-04-2015 at 08:23 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

This proposed legislation would not have affected the shooting of those two beautiful people in any way. This is nothing more than the Democrats using these deaths to push their progressive agenda. Why can't people see that and call the Democrats out on that? They are repulsive and should be ashamed of themselves.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

Stupid reliance on back-ground checks rather than providing treatment to the mentally ill and locking up violent criminals. At best, even if background checks worked flawlessly as designed, the multi-billion dollar fiasco, otherwise known as NICS, simply represents nothing more than a glorified requirement that criminals buy weapons on the black market.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Stupid reliance on back-ground checks rather than providing treatment to the mentally ill ...
    There is no objective standard of "mentally ill."

"I don't know what you mean by 'mentally ill,' " Alice said.
    Humpty Dumpty smiled contemptuously. "Of course you don't—till I tell you. I meant 'there's a nice knock-down argument for you!' "
    "But 'mental ill' doesn't mean 'a nice knock-down argument'," Alice objected.
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master—that's all."

Misuse of "mental" will be the psychologization of dissent of which there is a vast Soviet era literature.
    Perhaps a thousand are listed here
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politi..._Union#Sources
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-04-2015 at 10:31 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    So, when are the gun owners of Virginia going to collect 56,000 signatures demanding the state protect the rights of citizens to buy and sell their personal property without the interference of any government agency?

Banned
    What? They (DEMS) don't like secret meetings? But yet they GO to them and plan them and have their own secret meetings too. Give me a break.