Thread: Cased toss - cops never show up to testify - guy warning about speed trap

Banned

Cased toss - cops never show up to testify - guy warning about speed trap

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/C...323996981.html

SEATTLE -- A man who was given a $138 fine for warning drivers they were approaching a police speed trap won't have to pay the fine after all.

Daniel Gehlke appeared in court Wednesday to fight the ticket, but the Seattle Police officer didn't show. A judge then tossed the case

Really, I would not have accepted a dismissal; I would have demanded a trial and that the cop show up....so I could examine him under oath. I would have asked for a subpoena be issued to compel his testimony.

By now, everyone on the planet knows that the citizen did nothing wrong and his arrest is just an isolated <cough cough> incident.

42 US 1983 .....
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-04-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Municipal code outlaws any sign or device "bearing any such words as 'danger,' 'stop,' 'slow,'" and more. "Directions likely to be construed as giving warning to or regulating traffic," it says.
    Can you say: violation of the First Amendment?????

I predict two things about this:
    1) The officer won't even receive a sternly worded missive about his conduct, and
    2) The officer is already bragging to his comrades about how he 'ruined that guy's day' which was exactly what he wanted to do.
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 09-05-2015 at 02:25 PM.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Agreed. Simple intimidation. Abuse of authority and corruption. This is the kind of action that should be considered treasonous.
    It may seem relatively insignificant but in reality it is a representative of the government abusing his power to intimidate and steal wealth from an innocent citizen.

My favorite line in my state's legal code: "...the fundamental philosophy of the American constitutional form of representative government which holds to the principle that government is the servant of the people, and not the master of them..."
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    I predict two things about this:
    1) The officer won't even receive a sternly worded missive about his conduct, and
    2) The officer is already bragging to his comrades about he 'ruined that guy's day' which was exactly what he wanted to do.
    And at the next roadblock I'd have about 20 of my buddies out there with signs. In Ohio there is a group that do just that at DUI road blocks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    And at the next roadblock I'd have about 20 of my buddies out there with signs. In Ohio there is a group that do just that at DUI road blocks.
    Everyone should learn about if they have to just SHOW a license and ppwk or if one needs to allow a cop to TAKE/HOLD such. Every state is different.

Commie checkpoints...