Thread: OC Home Depot

OC Home Depot

My wife and I went to home depot in Oregon city and as we were walking in, a police officer was walking a guy out in hand cuffs.
    The leo looked at me and said nothing, had a store clerk come up to us and asked if we needed help, and on our way out to pay a guy that was just ahead of us had paid walked out only to come back in to tell me he was glad to see someone "packing"..

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave H. View Post
    My wife and I went to home depot in Oregon city and as we were walking in, a police officer was walking a guy out in hand cuffs.
    The leo looked at me and said nothing, had a store clerk come up to us and asked if we needed help, and on our way out to pay a guy that was just ahead of us had paid walked out only to come back in to tell me he was glad to see someone "packing"..
    Were you preparing to go on a trip?

It is good to see/here OCing becoming main stream enough that it is simply the way things are in your area - no big deal.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I went in the Home Depot in Columbia MO, my route took me past the service counter, OC side towards the counter where the manager was standing. He looked up and said "I love it when you guys come. It keeps the bad guys guessing". As I was standing in the checkout line he came over to ask what I was carrying and as he had just been transferred in he wanted to know how to get his Missouri permit.

Never had a problem OCing in any Home Depot in 3 states.

I frequent Harbor Freight tools here in Medford Oregon (as well as Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) Home Depot and Lowe's have never said anything (customers occasionally say thanks) but several of the employees at Harbor freight are VERY glad to see open carriers come in and make a point of thanking those who do.

We're getting main stream in most parts of Oregon. Now we just need to clean up the poor attitudes in the liberal north (Portland, Eugene, etc.).
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.