Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Tax man -- Judge traffic court threatens imprisonment

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838

    Tax man -- Judge traffic court threatens imprisonment

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/us...wn.html?ref=us

    . The video showed the judge threatening to jail traffic violators who could not come up with an immediate payment toward their fines...Judge Diment, who in private practice is a real estate lawyer in nearby Carrollton, did not respond to a request for comment.

    Wacko judge .. never heard of a motion to reconsider or motion to stay or appeal. Its not even a final judgement pisshole.

    For benefit for those in my state, if you lose your first kangaroo trial with a magistrate, you can ask w/i 5 days for a new trial before an actual judge and it wipes out any decision made by a tax collector magistrate.

    I'm sure "judge" Diment is getting a lot of telephone calls ! ring ring ring ... judges love it when you call them !

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Warning.

    If this thread becomes a source of multiple CopWatch style posts or posters/users show a history indicating evidence of the same, corrective action will be taken.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    The problem is simply that these kangaroo courts are not about law especially common law.
    Kangaroo courts are only in business to fine and collect funds from non suspecting citizens..

    Another issue is that citizens give these kangaroo courts jurisdiction over said citizen when citizen appears in the kangaroo court...

    Never appear in a kangaroo municipal court, file a motion for a change of venue and always request a trial by jury.. Also one could also file a motion to have the tyrant kangaroo court judge recused from the case citing that one cannot receive a fair and impartial trial since the judge, prosecutor and ticketing officer work for and get compensated by the same entity(the township or municipality)..

    The idiot tyrant judge sitting on the bench should be disbarred from his jurist duties, I would not be surprised if he was receiving kick-backs for his threats upon the citizens of that county...

    Municipal court judges are paid to frighten folks with threats of incarceration. Most of them are the scum bags of our legal system... They know very little about common law and even less about the United States Constitution.

    Never give these tyrants jurisdiction over you or your family...

    My .02

    Regards.
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    The judge was called on the carpet and submitted a written "plan" of how he will not do that stuff again.

    The judge's behavior did not happen in a vacuum.

    Somebody should have complained earlier, somebody in authority over him should have been checking his performance, and somebody needs to keep him on a very short chain until he earns back any trust to do his job properly.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,731
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The judge was called on the carpet and submitted a written "plan" of how he will not do that stuff again.

    The judge's behavior did not happen in a vacuum.

    Somebody should have complained earlier, somebody in authority over him should have been checking his performance, and somebody needs to keep him on a very short chain until he earns back any trust to do his job properly.

    stay safe.
    I disagree. This so called judge is/was operating a shake-down operation. He needs to be disbarred from practicing law ever again. This is the only way to send a message to other corrupt judges.

    I'm working on a case now where a one horse town is going to be sued for shaking down defendants.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,272
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    The judge was called on the carpet and submitted a written "plan" of how he will not do that stuff again.

    The judge's behavior did not happen in a vacuum.

    Somebody should have complained earlier, somebody in authority over him should have been checking his performance, and somebody needs to keep him on a very short chain until he earns back any trust to do his job properly.

    stay safe.
    Rehabilitation...hmmm...I don't think so. Toss his butt out onto the street. He can go back to reviewing mortgage paperwork.

    Typical, the state working to protect their own...sound familiar?
    Videos of court proceedings are rare because they are either expressly prohibited, or cellphone use is barred in courtrooms. In July, the Georgia Council of Superior Court Judges adopted a new rule, pending approval by the state Supreme Court, barring anyone from recording court proceedings without requesting permission 24 hours in advance.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Rehabilitation...hmmm...I don't think so. Toss his butt out onto the street. He can go back to reviewing mortgage paperwork.

    Typical, the state working to protect their own...sound familiar?
    I agree. If he is even qualified to serve as a magistrate is a question. Now, I recently had an admin agency that made a ruling that I appealed and one of my arguments was that the law did not even allow the members of the admin agency to even rule on my case was brushed aside by the court (a communist judge) as if that did not even matter.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Warning.

    If this thread becomes a source of multiple CopWatch style posts or posters/users show a history indicating evidence of the same, corrective action will be taken.
    OP didn't even mention "Cops."

    The only way cops could really be worked into the topic would be a very legit argument:

    Premise 1) Cops primary duty is revenue generation
    Premise 2) The courts primary duty is revenue generation
    Therefore) the people are left feeling dooty.

    There is a ton of evidence to support premise one and two. From targeting poor minorities for arrest, to judged being paid per citizen they sentence to prison.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 09-08-2015 at 03:12 PM.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  9. #9
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Who are the revenue collectors for the state?

    Who live like symbiotic parasites of the people in a fake "justice system"?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  10. #10
    Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    OP didn't even mention "Cops."

    The only way cops could really be worked into the topic would be a very legit argument:

    Premise 1) Cops primary duty is revenue generation
    Premise 2) The courts primary duty is revenue generation
    Therefore) the people are left feeling dooty.

    There is a ton of evidence to support premise one and two. From targeting poor minorities for arrest, to judged being paid per citizen they sentence to prison.
    Poor Dave. You were the only one to take the bait. DM has cross hairs held on him. Did you learn nothing from high school? When someone is being bullied, look the other way and keep your mouth shut or you'll be next.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

    We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

  11. #11
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Poor Dave. You were the only one to take the bait. DM has cross hairs held on him. Did you learn nothing from high school? When someone is being bullied, look the other way and keep your mouth shut or you'll be next.
    I don't follow the Open Carry drama.

    I learned in High school that a bully deserves to be resisted. It's the same thing I learned in Elementary school.

    Plus, it's the Christian thing to do. Enough people resist a bully, and you end up kicking Rome out of the middle east, or kicking the Britons out of India.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    I don't follow the Open Carry drama.

    I learned in High school that a bully deserves to be resisted. It's the same thing I learned in Elementary school.

    Plus, it's the Christian thing to do. Enough people resist a bully, and you end up kicking Rome out of the middle east, or kicking the Britons out of India.
    Hmmm - How 'bout a large group of people (Palestinians?) want to remove the Jews from Israel? Is ethical conduct determined by vote?

    More importantly here, on this thread, is the off topic direction this thread has taken.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hmmm - How 'bout a large group of people (Palestinians?) want to remove the Jews from Israel? Is ethical conduct determined by vote?

    More importantly here, on this thread, is the off topic direction this thread has taken.
    Yeah, the best way to keep a thread narrowly on topic is to... not make a comment on the off topic content.

    Or alternatively, let people simply converse like people normally would.

    How about the ethics of shoving a bunch of Jews from Europe smack dab in the center of a bunch of Islamists in the Middle East. Ahhh, the west, and those with power in general, always think they are so wise. Don't you agree, Grapeshot?

    Let's bring this on topic and apply it to the JUDGE. The guy with AUTHORITY in his own little world (the court). Which leaves him feeling like a BIG MAN, who can boss around those in his realm.

    Power and wisdom do not necessarily co-exist. With power often comes, a false sense of wisdom (that's an imho, based on what I've observed).

    The general point was on topic. The judge was a bully. A bully ought to be resisted. Have a AWESOME day Grapeshot.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 09-09-2015 at 01:10 PM.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  14. #14
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    --snipped-- Have a AWESOME day Grapeshot.
    Don't know about awesome, but do enjoy each day to the fullest.......in spite of vodoo dolls in my image.

    Any pain is only from a little, easily ignored, little pr**k.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    I thought it was illegal to jail someone over debt anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •