• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tax man -- Judge traffic court threatens imprisonment

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/05/u...prompts-changes-in-a-georgia-town.html?ref=us

. The video showed the judge threatening to jail traffic violators who could not come up with an immediate payment toward their fines...Judge Diment, who in private practice is a real estate lawyer in nearby Carrollton, did not respond to a request for comment.

Wacko judge .. never heard of a motion to reconsider or motion to stay or appeal. Its not even a final judgement pisshole.

For benefit for those in my state, if you lose your first kangaroo trial with a magistrate, you can ask w/i 5 days for a new trial before an actual judge and it wipes out any decision made by a tax collector magistrate.

I'm sure "judge" Diment is getting a lot of telephone calls ! ring ring ring ... judges love it when you call them !

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Warning.

If this thread becomes a source of multiple CopWatch style posts or posters/users show a history indicating evidence of the same, corrective action will be taken.

countryclubjoe

The problem is simply that these kangaroo courts are not about law especially common law.
Kangaroo courts are only in business to fine and collect funds from non suspecting citizens..

Another issue is that citizens give these kangaroo courts jurisdiction over said citizen when citizen appears in the kangaroo court...

Never appear in a kangaroo municipal court, file a motion for a change of venue and always request a trial by jury.. Also one could also file a motion to have the tyrant kangaroo court judge recused from the case citing that one cannot receive a fair and impartial trial since the judge, prosecutor and ticketing officer work for and get compensated by the same entity(the township or municipality)..

The idiot tyrant judge sitting on the bench should be disbarred from his jurist duties, I would not be surprised if he was receiving kick-backs for his threats upon the citizens of that county...

Municipal court judges are paid to frighten folks with threats of incarceration. Most of them are the scum bags of our legal system... They know very little about common law and even less about the United States Constitution.

Never give these tyrants jurisdiction over you or your family...

My .02

Regards.
CCJ

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
The judge was called on the carpet and submitted a written "plan" of how he will not do that stuff again.

The judge's behavior did not happen in a vacuum.

Somebody should have complained earlier, somebody in authority over him should have been checking his performance, and somebody needs to keep him on a very short chain until he earns back any trust to do his job properly.

stay safe.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
The judge was called on the carpet and submitted a written "plan" of how he will not do that stuff again.

Somebody should have complained earlier, somebody in authority over him should have been checking his performance, and somebody needs to keep him on a very short chain until he earns back any trust to do his job properly.

stay safe.
I disagree. This so called judge is/was operating a shake-down operation. He needs to be disbarred from practicing law ever again. This is the only way to send a message to other corrupt judges.

I'm working on a case now where a one horse town is going to be sued for shaking down defendants.

OC for ME

stay safe.
Rehabilitation...hmmm...I don't think so. Toss his butt out onto the street. He can go back to reviewing mortgage paperwork.

Typical, the state working to protect their own...sound familiar?
Videos of court proceedings are rare because they are either expressly prohibited, or cellphone use is barred in courtrooms. In July, the Georgia Council of Superior Court Judges adopted a new rule, pending approval by the state Supreme Court, barring anyone from recording court proceedings without requesting permission 24 hours in advance.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Rehabilitation...hmmm...I don't think so. Toss his butt out onto the street. He can go back to reviewing mortgage paperwork.

Typical, the state working to protect their own...sound familiar?

I agree. If he is even qualified to serve as a magistrate is a question. Now, I recently had an admin agency that made a ruling that I appealed and one of my arguments was that the law did not even allow the members of the admin agency to even rule on my case was brushed aside by the court (a communist judge) as if that did not even matter.

Dave_pro2a

Warning.

If this thread becomes a source of multiple CopWatch style posts or posters/users show a history indicating evidence of the same, corrective action will be taken.

OP didn't even mention "Cops."

The only way cops could really be worked into the topic would be a very legit argument:

Premise 1) Cops primary duty is revenue generation
Premise 2) The courts primary duty is revenue generation
Therefore) the people are left feeling dooty.

There is a ton of evidence to support premise one and two. From targeting poor minorities for arrest, to judged being paid per citizen they sentence to prison.

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

OP didn't even mention "Cops."

The only way cops could really be worked into the topic would be a very legit argument:

Premise 1) Cops primary duty is revenue generation
Premise 2) The courts primary duty is revenue generation
Therefore) the people are left feeling dooty.

There is a ton of evidence to support premise one and two. From targeting poor minorities for arrest, to judged being paid per citizen they sentence to prison.

Poor Dave. You were the only one to take the bait. DM has cross hairs held on him. Did you learn nothing from high school? When someone is being bullied, look the other way and keep your mouth shut or you'll be next.

Dave_pro2a

Poor Dave. You were the only one to take the bait. DM has cross hairs held on him. Did you learn nothing from high school? When someone is being bullied, look the other way and keep your mouth shut or you'll be next.

I don't follow the Open Carry drama.

I learned in High school that a bully deserves to be resisted. It's the same thing I learned in Elementary school.

Plus, it's the Christian thing to do. Enough people resist a bully, and you end up kicking Rome out of the middle east, or kicking the Britons out of India.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I don't follow the Open Carry drama.

I learned in High school that a bully deserves to be resisted. It's the same thing I learned in Elementary school.

Plus, it's the Christian thing to do. Enough people resist a bully, and you end up kicking Rome out of the middle east, or kicking the Britons out of India.
Hmmm - How 'bout a large group of people (Palestinians?) want to remove the Jews from Israel? Is ethical conduct determined by vote?

More importantly here, on this thread, is the off topic direction this thread has taken.

Dave_pro2a

Hmmm - How 'bout a large group of people (Palestinians?) want to remove the Jews from Israel? Is ethical conduct determined by vote?

More importantly here, on this thread, is the off topic direction this thread has taken.

Yeah, the best way to keep a thread narrowly on topic is to... not make a comment on the off topic content.

Or alternatively, let people simply converse like people normally would.

How about the ethics of shoving a bunch of Jews from Europe smack dab in the center of a bunch of Islamists in the Middle East. Ahhh, the west, and those with power in general, always think they are so wise. Don't you agree, Grapeshot?

Let's bring this on topic and apply it to the JUDGE. The guy with AUTHORITY in his own little world (the court). Which leaves him feeling like a BIG MAN, who can boss around those in his realm.

Power and wisdom do not necessarily co-exist. With power often comes, a false sense of wisdom (that's an imho, based on what I've observed).

The general point was on topic. The judge was a bully. A bully ought to be resisted. Have a AWESOME day Grapeshot.

Last edited: