• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MS ready-boost -- anyone know if this actually does anything useful?

stealthyeliminator

It can provide additional resources to your computer. Whether or not that will actually help performance depends on what your system is in need of to perform better.

I've never used it personally, and it isn't something I'd recommend trying to rely on in any way. If the system needs more resources of any type, I'd recommend simply upgrading it with those actual resources. In other words, I wouldn't buy a flash drive just to use ReadyBoost. If you have a flash drive laying around not being used, though, and want to give it a try, it might be worth trying it out with the spare flash drive.