• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

brandishing, assault or something else

va_tazdad

Why are you on this forum if you are such an anti .

I'll bet your only income is from the gov't. And of course, a registered democrat who makes calls for Hillary.

LOL Congrats Davey, you have surpassed your previous idiotic spew level by 500%.

Stick to what you claim to know up in Yankee land, because you don't know squat about Virginia, as you have proven spew after spew.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Why are you on this forum if you are such an anti .

I'll bet your only income is from the gov't. And of course, a registered democrat who makes calls for Hillary.

LOL Congrats Davey, you have surpassed your previous idiotic spew level by 500%.

Stick to what you claim to know up in Yankee land, because you don't know squat about Virginia, as you have proven spew after spew.
Suggesting that Peter Nap is an anti is like calling Donald Trump shy :lol: That shoe doesn't fit.

Peter is very effective with the General Assembly.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
The only thing I see Peter being an anti is he is anti hound hunting.

I'm not even that as long as they keep them on their own property.
David's on ignore so I missed the comments until they were quoted...but I just consider the source.
He knows the shows over and wants to do damage control.

Back to the dog hunters....it presents a problem in the general assembly, especially this year.
The sub committee that manages to kill dog reform every year, has the same members that kill gun control. To quote what I told other land owners. They're saints on monday and sons of bikes on Wednesday, so lobby efforts are a tightrope.

The dog wars have reached the point I fully expect someone to get shot this year that would fastback dog reform but give the gun lobby a black eye.

The old baby and the bathwater issue.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The only thing I see Peter being an anti is he is anti hound hunting.
Peter is anti dog hunting on private land where the hunters and dogs do not have the landowner's permission to be. Right now, the only recourse is simple trespassing if one can catch them and prove the charge.

He is man with a bone in his teeth. Not only do these bad examples of Virginia hunters damage private property (cutting locks, destroying gates, etc) but they intentionally put their dogs out to jump game living on that private land - he has videos of that. I believe he will eventually prevail in getting a more substantial law/penalty on the books.

Last edited:

wrearick

Suggesting that Peter Nap is an anti is like calling Donald Trump shy :lol: That shoe doesn't fit.

Peter is very effective with the General Assembly.

Grapeshot, I am sorry to see david back and behaving worse than before. I have him on ignore but still get exposed to his comments when others quote him. His post quoted here appears to have nothing to do with the topic and is more of a direct insult against another poster of this site. I wish I had an answer to the problem other than banishment but that seems to be the only thing that has worked so far.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Grapeshot, I am sorry to see david back and behaving worse than before. I have him on ignore but still get exposed to his comments when others quote him. His post quoted here appears to have nothing to do with the topic and is more of a direct insult against another poster of this site. I wish I had an answer to the problem other than banishment but that seems to be the only thing that has worked so far.
With user members who are less than responsive, I do have other means.

Let's look in my kit bag (rummage, rummage) kid gloves, post-it notes, highlighter pens, sharp stick....ah here 'tis the hammer. Saved it from my grandson's Whac-A-Mole game :lol:

wrearick

With user members who are less than responsive, I do have other means.

Let's look in my kit bag (rummage, rummage) kid gloves, post-it notes, highlighter pens, sharp stick....ah here 'tis the hammer. Saved it from my grandson's Whac-A-Mole game :lol:

I did spend some more effort in thought on this and was trying to come up with a financial incentive system.....like maybe for every post he makes that a panel of moderators finds to be useful, insightful, or helpful, we could donate a $1 to a fund to be used to finance his trip down here for lobby day so we may benefit from his experience and wisdom first hand.....
I know he was hesitant to take Skid's money but he might respond better if he "earned" the trip vice accepting charity.....

I would contribute, heck, even though money is tight I could volunteer to bankroll the whole thing because I don't think I am at risk to payout a large sum of money.....

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
He hates me. Why would he be reluctant to make me spend money?

Heck, I'd even be willing to upgrade him from City Motel at 3015 Jefferson Davis Highway to the Clarion at 3207 N Boulevard. They are both on bus lines and both are regularly patrolled by the cops so he should feel safe at either one.

stay safe.

Liberty-or-Death

I'm glad there isn't (yet another) law against making and posting your own traffics signs in Virginia. The results of a civic activist taking action on their own can be interesting as seen here: Drivers got tickets. But the signs were fake.

Which yielded this unenforceable quote:
“The placing of traffic signs is up to the commonwealth and the Virginia Department of Transportation,
Off topic, I also have McBeth ignored. When someone quotes him, I feel like someone's spiked my iced water with lemon at an AA meeting.

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I find it interesting that we keep drifting farther and farther away from the threat to shoot someone as a means of "protecting" hunting dogs.

How many here have ever practiced shooting through a windshield? Or seriously considered the ballistic effects of a multi-million grain projectile traveling at less than 100 feet per second? (Yes, the old light & fast v. heavy & slow debate.)

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I find it interesting that we keep drifting farther and farther away from the threat to shoot someone as a means of "protecting" hunting dogs.

How many here have ever practiced shooting through a windshield? Or seriously considered the ballistic effects of a multi-million grain projectile traveling at less than 100 feet per second? (Yes, the old light & fast v. heavy & slow debate.)

stay safe.
I zink the OP is about fake signs, not hunting dogs and their threatened accelerated demise.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I zink the OP is about fake signs, not hunting dogs and their threatened accelerated demise.

The OP:

There are two comments concerning stopping or slowing traffic in this screen grab.
What laws would be broken and what response would be legal?
i6gJfQI.jpg

Please go back and read the comments by Boogie Flippin and Adam Moore - something to do with pointing things at other people - thus I imagine giving rise to the use of the word 'brandishing" in the thread title.

stay safe.

Last edited: