Thread: Seattle Gun Tax, trial balloon for Hillary's 1993 Nat'l Gun Tax rebirth?

Seattle Gun Tax, trial balloon for Hillary's 1993 Nat'l Gun Tax rebirth?

Hillary Clinton: We Should Have a 25 Percent National Tax on All Gun Sales
    "Gun control will no doubt be a topic of debate as the 2016 presidential election inches closer and anti-Second Amendment Clinton has a lot of explaining to do.

American's For Tax Reform is out with a new piece reminding voters of testimony then First Lady Clinton gave back in 1993 when she called for a 25 percent tax on all gun sales. Although her statement was reported by mainstream outlets at the time, it hasn't been reported by any media outlet for more than 20 years.

From ATR:

As she testified before the tax-writing Senate Finance Committee on Sept. 30, 1993, Hillary Clinton was asked by Sen. Bill Bradley (D-N.J.) if she supported the imposition of a new, 25 percent national sales tax on guns. Clinton emphatically endorsed the tax, stating: "I am all for that."
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...-guns-n2049256

http://www.atr.org/hillary-new-25-na...n-tax-i-am-all

Nationís Largest Gun Rights Groups Team Up for First Time to Sue Seattle Over Tax
    http://freebeacon.com/issues/nations...ttle-over-tax/

Let's make it a lead balloon.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k

For people who think we are all like the guy in this movie clip ^^^ they sure know who to p*** off ! LOL

Seen proposed taxes on ammo, taxes on guns themselves, taxes on the air that gun owners breathe, insurance requirements, permit fees etc (anything to raise the price of gun ownership and use)

As a prior FFL, I never complied w/statutory provisions that I felt were unconstitutional. I wonder how many dealers will actually collect such taxes.

--Moderator note--
    Bolded words above to make sure they are seen and understood.
    Plus edited one word.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-08-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: See above

Seattle gun & ammo tax scam

Seattle will not prevail in the courts ,with it's plan to tax guns and ammo . Washington State RCW does not allow
    any gun laws to supersede the state RCW. This is better known as "Preemption". The state has reserved this area
    of law making for itself only. This is clearly defined in state law and was set up to keep willy nilly politicians from
    imposing unsound and unconstitutional laws on the public at their whim.

........................... Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Spooler41 View Post
    Seattle will not prevail in the courts ........................ Jack
    And never will. I do not understand why the taxpayers in king county allow these nitwits(excuse the technical term) to continue to throw their money away? Then there is the immortal tunnel machine, stealing parking spaces and making "parklets" that are not being used, and a dozen more lunatic things inspired by seattle.gov.

I guess I answered my own question.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Lefty Lunatics are driving the government bus in SEATTLE.

THE MESSAGE IS IN THE TITLE.^^^^^^^^^

........................... Jack