• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The importance of retention

davidmcbeth

Banned
As I have always said with GFZ that allow some special people to carry ... hey, you are allowing guns to be available as one could simply clunk the "special person" over the head and take his gun when he is dreaming.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
It looks like the NGO security guard was using something less than a Level MMCCCXLVIIII retention holster.

There's a part of me that is hoping he sues his employer for negligence for issuing him with defective/inadequate equipment.

stay safe.

mnrobitaille

It looks like the NGO security guard was using something less than a Level MMCCCXLVIIII retention holster.

There's a part of me that is hoping he sues his employer for negligence for issuing him with defective/inadequate equipment.

stay safe.

A lot of times it's up to the employee to provide for their own equipment when it comes to being armed security, but then different employers have different regulations/policies are to what they do or do not provide.

Difdi

Wake me up and see what happens.

A very good point. NCOs don't make physical contact when waking up trained soldiers in the barracks as a general rule for this very reason. Some people come awake fighting, and they can sometimes go for extended periods of time (more than just a few seconds) in that autopilot state.

There are quite a few vets with PTSD that wind up homeless, so the chances that the sleeping transient is trained to kill and will wake up on autopilot are disturbingly high.