• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Small town OC

hjon71

I began carrying with the mentality that many newbies begin with; that is, I would rather conceal carry(for all the usual reasons). And I have done just that, until recently.
To be honest, I was more concerned with public perception that anything. But after visiting this site and doing some other reading online I decided to try OCing around my hometown. The result? A new retention holster and few furtive glances at my right hip but otherwise uneventful:) Overall positive experience so far.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Dario

It's a tough obstacle to overcome with all the secret cc mind ninja's out there, but once you take the leap you'll wonder why you ever hid your gun like a criminal in the first place!

Ken56

I find it to be a relatively non event here in East TN. I OC in my local Food City, gas station, hardware etc...... even up in Jeff City and Morristown, mostly Lowes, Home Depot. Saw a man OCing in the new Harbor Freight in Morristown. I didn't have my EDC gun but had my bug which isn't in a retention holster so I don't OC that. I thanked him for OCing. and did not have a conversation with him. You will get more comfortable with it the more you do it. I was at the local Advance Auto store yesterday and as I was walking out the door a county sheriff pulled in right in front of the door, he saw me and didn't even blink. No problem.

FTG-05

Not a problem here in SC TN: Libby's Catfish Restaurant, Blanche Deli, King's Hardware, Mildred's, O'Reilly's, Ardmore Animal Hospital, (all Ardmore), HD, Tractor Supply, Lincoln County Coop, Walmart (all Pulaski), Taft Grocery, Taft Tire Company and on and on and on.

Keep on keepin' on!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Another welcome to OCDO.

We are the dark side - did you get your cookies? I hear that in addition to chocolate chip there now are oatmeal raisin available.

stay safe.

hjon71

Cookies? Ok. Someone is holding out. lol
I live just a few miles from the Mississippi state line and we often go there for shopping/restaurants/entertainment.
I have OC'd a few more times. The latest was in MS. The wife was with me this time though. When we left home she of course noticed my OC and said She would rather I CC. So I asked why. Her response was the same as I originally feared. Someone might cause a scene. But it was never an issue. We went in several places- Wal-Mart, Lowe's, GoodWill, Arby's and a local Shell gas station.
She was amazed at the lack of response concerning my OC. Really shocked.
I think we may be so conditioned to expect a response that when it doesn't happen THAT is surprising.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk