Thread: Delta State - active shooter 9/14/15

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Delta State - active shooter 9/14/15

CLEVELAND, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Cleveland Police have confirmed there is an active shooter at Delta State University.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/30025112/...ate-university
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Ugh.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Love triangle between two professors and some female. A progressive with a gun??????

With liberal professors it could be any combination.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

CLEVELAND, MS (Mississippi News Now) - According to Mississippi Highway Patrol, another professor is a person of interest in the shooting death of a history professor at Delta State University.

He has been identified as 45-year-old Dr. Shannon Lamb. He is also the suspect in the murder of a woman in Gautier this morning. MHP says they believe Lamb is driving a black Dodge Avenger with Mississippi tag # STF 015.
    Lamb is a Geography teacher at the university.

He joined Delta State in 2009 and just recently received his doctorate in 2014.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/30025112/...n-dsu-shooting
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-14-2015 at 05:25 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

And all this time everybody has been worried what alcohol-addled underclassmen will do if they get a grade lower than what they think they should.

Anybody want to bet that the "person of interest" will save the state the expense of a trial when they catch up with him?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

Anybody want to bet that the "person of interest" will save the state the expense of a trial when they catch up with him?

stay safe.
    I ain't taking that bet...

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Are Mississippi universities gun free zones?
    “We can ignore reality, but we cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.” Ayn Rand

"free people ought...to be armed." In so doing we grasp the larger lesson that the ability to defend ourselves is part and parcel to our freedom. George Washington , January 7, 1790

And all this time everybody has been worried what alcohol-addled underclassmen will do if they get a grade lower than what they think they should.

stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sity/72255856/

μολὼν λαβέ

--snipped--
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Both accurate:
    CLEVELAND, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Dr. Shannon Lamb, the suspect in the DSU shooting, is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Department and other agencies on the ground in the county. Greenville Police spotted his black Dodge Avenger on Mississippi Highway 1, and gave chase. He eventually stopped, bailed out of the car and ran into the woods. He apparently shot himself while officers were giving chase.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-15-2015 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot link

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Both accurate:
    CLEVELAND, MS (Mississippi News Now) - Dr. Shannon Lamb, the suspect in the DSU shooting, is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to the Washington County Sheriff's Department and other agencies on the ground in the county. Greenville Police spotted his black Dodge Avenger on Mississippi Highway 1, and gave chase. He eventually stopped, bailed out of the car and ran into the woods. He apparently shot himself while officers were giving chase.
    i am discerning more and more suspects are, as skid mentioned, "..."person of interest" will save the state the expense of a trial..."

i find that quite interesting when this occurs, with more and more regularity i might add, only the nice LEs are on site when the self-inflected death occurs, or they are the only source who heard the 'person of interest' say they wouldn't be taken alive, or...
    quote: In the news conference broadcast on WLOX-TV, the unidentified officer said anyone coming into contact with Lamb should use extreme caution because police had spoken to the suspect and “he’s made the statement that he’s not going to jail”. He would not say when or how police spoke to Lamb. unquote. http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...pi-delta-state

i'm sorry, which side is your sword wound on so i can my hand into it.

just saying.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-15-2015 at 07:36 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

this report bothers me even more...
    “We discovered it was something very serious when we started getting text messages from people all over the world,”

...Some people also hid in a storage closet,

He hunkered down in a bathroom and heard others desperate to get in. “There were like people banging on the doors to have somebody let them in,” said Joyner, a swimmer at the college. “It was pretty terrifying.”

(my comment.. finally a breath of someone thinking) The professor gave the students chairs to throw if the shooter came in, ...
    unquote

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...pi-delta-state

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 09-15-2015 at 07:40 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Possible infidelity - I am guessing. Hellova way to respond.

"Investigators said Lamb, 45, was a suspect in the slayings of 41-year-old Amy Prentiss, who was found dead in the home she shared with Lamb in Gautier; and 39-year-old Ethan Schmidt, a history professor who was killed in his own office on campus in Cleveland."

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...pi-delta-state