• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RVA Sat 9/19 meet n' greet

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
RVA Sat 9/19 9:30am - meet n' greet in lieu of our regular breakfast.

The motivation behind this is to donate the funds that would otherwise be spent on ourselves to https://www.gofundme.com/ha477x2s

Duck Donuts
The Shops at Willow Lawn
1601 Willow Lawn Dr #130
Richmond, VA 23230

Duck-Donuts-Richmond-VA-Address1.jpg

Last edited:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
First - Thank You, Scouser, for proposing the idea.

Second - I will either be there on time or late. It all depends on how well I do on my sleep study Friday night. (I've been practicing all week.)

Third - If I'm let out late I may or may not be gun-deprived depending on if I can get home first and then still make the main event.

I'm really looking forward to it - it will be the first after-party we have had while getting together in the morning.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
First - Thank You, Scouser, for proposing the idea.

Second - I will either be there on time or late. It all depends on how well I do on my sleep study Friday night. (I've been practicing all week.)

Third - If I'm let out late I may or may not be gun-deprived depending on if I can get home first and then still make the main event.

I'm really looking forward to it - it will be the first after-party we have had while getting together in the morning.

stay safe.
Will try to remember and bring lend lease spare set up.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
What?!? No background check? No mandatory waiting period? No punitive 300% "safety" tax?

Oh, that's right. We're in Free America. It's good to live here.

stay safe.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Best darn donuts I've had since my momma made 'em. Yes they have bacon donuts and they are delicious.

Sidewalk entertainment was superb.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I was detained taking an extended sleep study. Sent to bed at 9 PM - with no milk & cookies or a story.:( Woken up (mumble)ty times to have something done to the wires stuck to my head. Told at 4:30AM to get up and hang around till 7 for the first of FOUR (4) mandatory naps.

They asked me if I dreamed while I was asleep. Not sure if it was dreams or just wishful thinking about what I'd like to do the tech who kept coming in to mess with the wires.

Home at last - and I'm more tired than if I had pulled a two-day allnighter.

If anybody is ever sent for a sleep study I am pretty sure the right answer is NOT ZZZZZ.

stay safe.

scouser

I was warned by the welcoming committee when we arrived that the coffee was not good, so opted for the bottled orange juice instead. Logan scored an extra donut because "they made one too many for someone else", a freebie plastic duck (that's since been named 'Quackers'), and the eye of some cute 3 or 4 year old girl who kept looking over at him (but he wouldn't go and ask her name).

Then driving home we passed one of the professional cycle teams who are in Richmond for the world championships this week, he waved out the window to them, they waved back and when they ended up stopped next to us at a red light he was given the empty drink bottles from a couple of the riders. As my boss is a keen cycle racing follower, he was mildly jealous when I texted him with that news

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was warned by the welcoming committee when we arrived that the coffee was not good, so opted for the bottled orange juice instead. Logan scored an extra donut because "they made one too many for someone else", a freebie plastic duck (that's since been named 'Quackers'), and the eye of some cute 3 or 4 year old girl who kept looking over at him (but he wouldn't go and ask her name).

Then driving home we passed one of the professional cycle teams who are in Richmond for the world championships this week, he waved out the window to them, they waved back and when they ended up stopped next to us at a red light he was given the empty drink bottles from a couple of the riders. As my boss is a keen cycle racing follower, he was mildly jealous when I texted him with that news

Turns out the good coffee was at the bottom of the cup.

Don't rush the resistance to asking her name - that will change soon enough.