Thread: Open carry retaliation in AR?

Open carry retaliation in AR?

The police chief in Bald Knob, Arkansas, went outside of his home Monday night to find his truck engulfed in flames and “2 Amendment” written on both sides of it.

“I opened the front door and the whole back glass fully engulfed and then written on the side of it second amendment,” Chief Erek Balentine said.

The right to bear arms — at least openly without a permit — has been a topic of the town recently when Bald Knob man was arrested and convicted last month for open carrying inside

http://www.guns.com/2015/09/17/open-...dalized-video/
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    The police chief in Bald Knob, Arkansas, went outside of his home Monday night to find his truck engulfed in flames and “2 Amendment” written on both sides of it.

“I opened the front door and the whole back glass fully engulfed and then written on the side of it second amendment,” Chief Erek Balentine said.

The right to bear arms — at least openly without a permit — has been a topic of the town recently when Bald Knob man was arrested and convicted last month for open carrying inside

http://www.guns.com/2015/09/17/open-...dalized-video/
    Because that will help the argument but how does this effect WA?

More worrisome and WA-specific is the Spokane cop who said that heavy weapons and armored assault vehicles were needed to deal with "Constitutionalists."
    http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-new...ffice/30337604

Quote Originally Posted by Seriona View Post
    Because that will help the argument but how does this effect WA?
    Ensuring this doesn't happen here? Just like making sure 594 doesn't spread to other states. Anti-gun attitudes/laws are like cancer, we must stop it from spreading. So this can have an effect on WA. We must be vigilant.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Founder's Club Member
    It would be too easy to use the torched truck to smear self-defense advocates. I would be very leery of taking the report at face value.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

It could be like some other so called high profile hate crimes self inflicted.

There is one thing that the anti's of all stripes are very good at is lying.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    More worrisome and WA-specific is the Spokane cop who said that heavy weapons and armored assault vehicles were needed to deal with "Constitutionalists."
    http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-new...ffice/30337604
    Given that by service oath police officers themselves are Constitutionalists at least in name, wouldn't that literally be self-defeating?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    It would be too easy to use the torched truck to smear self-defense advocates. I would be very leery of taking the report at face value.
    Very good point.

And if what he does say is true.......I have no sympathy.

When you fight a war against rights people will sometimes fight back.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Do we have any other infor on what went down in the mcdonalds?

Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules, they should have gone higher up the food chain to teach the person who's making the rules a lesson.

Dumb play.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Do we have any other infor on what went down in the mcdonalds?

Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules, they should have gone higher up the food chain to teach the person who's making the rules a lesson.

Dumb play.
    +1 and torching a vehicle is probably not the best way to get a point across either.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

...Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules...
    That's his argument when he likes a rule. When he doesn't, his argument is more like: "We have higher priorities and can't enforce them all."
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-28-2015 at 02:40 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    That's his argument when he likes a rule. When he doesn't, his argument is more like: "We have higher priorities and can't enforce them all."
    So, you're saying that the Sheriff has a certain amount of discretion when enforcing laws?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    So, you're saying that the Sheriff has a certain amount of discretion when enforcing laws?
    Is this news?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

My BS alarm started going off as soon as I put in some fresh batteries (I underestimated how much use it would get while I was reading through some "mainstream" reports). This looks like a false flag op meant to further tarnish the pro- self-defense citizenry.
    At the very least, it could be an attempt to engender sympathy for the poor sheriff and his Freedom-loving ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post

I believe he's stating that the honourable enforcer of the law (/sarcasm) has simply taken a fair amount of discretion, laws be dammed.*

*Yes, that is a pun. Humour helps to cope with the sad reality sometimes.

Add.:
    Wow, MAC702 is fast. He ninja'd a post in right before I could respond.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 09-28-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Addendum
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    It is just as believable that the guy torched his own truck as it is that someone did it as retaliation for the open carry persecution.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    My BS alarm started going off as soon as I put in some fresh batteries (I underestimated how much use it would get while I was reading through some "mainstream" reports). This looks like a false flag op meant to further tarnish the pro- self-defense citizenry.
    At the very least, it could be an attempt to engender sympathy for the poor sheriff and his Freedom-loving ways.

I believe he's stating that the honourable enforcer of the law (/sarcasm) has simply taken a fair amount of discretion, laws be dammed.*

*Yes, that is a pun. Humour helps to cope with the sad reality sometimes.

Add.:
    Wow, MAC702 is fast. He ninja'd a post in right before I could respond. [emoji14]
    I forgot to put my sarcasm note up.

A Sheriff does have certain flexibility when it comes to enforcement of laws. No Sheriff should enforce bad laws upon the general population, they should however enforce those laws upon those who supported the passing of the, bad, laws.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    He didn't make the rules,
    Great point. As long as it can be said that one was just following the rules no act is too vile.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

A truck tire is $150 if you slash it that's a misdemeanor.

If that happens every couple of weeks it'll bankrupt you.

Maybe you should move somewhere else where people believe what you believe.

Setting fire to somebody's truck that's a felony.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    A truck tire is $150 if you slash it that's a misdemeanor.

If that happens every couple of weeks it'll bankrupt you.
    Not sure exactly what this means.
    Are you suggesting a $300 a month increase in spending would cause me to go bankrupt?

Maybe you should move somewhere else where people believe what you believe.
    Maybe. But it's more rewarding to change what people believe in the place I am currently at.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand