• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry retaliation in AR?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
The police chief in Bald Knob, Arkansas, went outside of his home Monday night to find his truck engulfed in flames and “2 Amendment” written on both sides of it.

“I opened the front door and the whole back glass fully engulfed and then written on the side of it second amendment,” Chief Erek Balentine said.

The right to bear arms — at least openly without a permit — has been a topic of the town recently when Bald Knob man was arrested and convicted last month for open carrying inside

http://www.guns.com/2015/09/17/open...ld-knob-police-chiefs-truck-vandalized-video/

Seriona

The police chief in Bald Knob, Arkansas, went outside of his home Monday night to find his truck engulfed in flames and “2 Amendment” written on both sides of it.

“I opened the front door and the whole back glass fully engulfed and then written on the side of it second amendment,” Chief Erek Balentine said.

The right to bear arms — at least openly without a permit — has been a topic of the town recently when Bald Knob man was arrested and convicted last month for open carrying inside

http://www.guns.com/2015/09/17/open...ld-knob-police-chiefs-truck-vandalized-video/

Because that will help the argument but how does this effect WA?

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Because that will help the argument but how does this effect WA?

Ensuring this doesn't happen here? Just like making sure 594 doesn't spread to other states. Anti-gun attitudes/laws are like cancer, we must stop it from spreading. So this can have an effect on WA. We must be vigilant.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It would be too easy to use the torched truck to smear self-defense advocates. I would be very leery of taking the report at face value.

Firearms Iinstuctor

It could be like some other so called high profile hate crimes self inflicted.

There is one thing that the anti's of all stripes are very good at is lying.

Difdi

sudden valley gunner

It would be too easy to use the torched truck to smear self-defense advocates. I would be very leery of taking the report at face value.

Very good point.

And if what he does say is true.......I have no sympathy.

When you fight a war against rights people will sometimes fight back.

jsanchez

Do we have any other infor on what went down in the mcdonalds?

Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules, they should have gone higher up the food chain to teach the person who's making the rules a lesson.

Dumb play.

The Truth

Do we have any other infor on what went down in the mcdonalds?

Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules, they should have gone higher up the food chain to teach the person who's making the rules a lesson.

Dumb play.

+1 and torching a vehicle is probably not the best way to get a point across either.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Why torch a sheriff's truck? He didn't make the rules...

That's his argument when he likes a rule. When he doesn't, his argument is more like: "We have higher priorities and can't enforce them all."

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

My BS alarm started going off as soon as I put in some fresh batteries (I underestimated how much use it would get while I was reading through some "mainstream" reports). This looks like a false flag op meant to further tarnish the pro- self-defense citizenry.:mad:
At the very least, it could be an attempt to engender sympathy for the poor sheriff and his Freedom-loving ways.:rolleyes:

That's his argument when he likes a rule. When he doesn't, his argument is more like: "We have higher priorities and can't enforce them all."

So, you're saying that the Sheriff has a certain amount of discretion when enforcing laws?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I believe he's stating that the honourable enforcer of the law (/sarcasm) has simply taken a fair amount of discretion, laws be dammed.*

*Yes, that is a pun. Humour helps to cope with the sad reality sometimes.:(

Add.:
Wow, MAC702 is fast. He ninja'd a post in right before I could respond. :p

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

It is just as believable that the guy torched his own truck as it is that someone did it as retaliation for the open carry persecution.

Freedom1Man

My BS alarm started going off as soon as I put in some fresh batteries (I underestimated how much use it would get while I was reading through some "mainstream" reports). This looks like a false flag op meant to further tarnish the pro- self-defense citizenry.:mad:
At the very least, it could be an attempt to engender sympathy for the poor sheriff and his Freedom-loving ways.:rolleyes:

I believe he's stating that the honourable enforcer of the law (/sarcasm) has simply taken a fair amount of discretion, laws be dammed.*

*Yes, that is a pun. Humour helps to cope with the sad reality sometimes.:(

Add.:
Wow, MAC702 is fast. He ninja'd a post in right before I could respond. [emoji14]
I forgot to put my sarcasm note up.

A Sheriff does have certain flexibility when it comes to enforcement of laws. No Sheriff should enforce bad laws upon the general population, they should however enforce those laws upon those who supported the passing of the, bad, laws.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

jsanchez

A truck tire is $150 if you slash it that's a misdemeanor.

If that happens every couple of weeks it'll bankrupt you.

Maybe you should move somewhere else where people believe what you believe.

Setting fire to somebody's truck that's a felony.

twoskinsonemanns

A truck tire is $150 if you slash it that's a misdemeanor.

If that happens every couple of weeks it'll bankrupt you.
Not sure exactly what this means.
Are you suggesting a $300 a month increase in spending would cause me to go bankrupt?

Maybe you should move somewhere else where people believe what you believe.

Maybe. But it's more rewarding to change what people believe in the place I am currently at.