Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: immigration protest at BPD

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137

    immigration protest at BPD

    On thursday night I heard a story about a young man who was rousted by the BPD in a "racial profiling" incident in june of this year The story started with a traffic stop and ended up with the individual in homeland security custody for deportation. A protest was announced for ten ay emm friday. Intrigued, my Sweet Baboo and I decided to attend. We just happened to take a sign sing "We Support BPD".

    Upon arriving at the BPD we asked a few early people if they knew what was going on and all we received in return were blank stares and "I dunno's". Once it started, everything became clear.

    A fifteen year old male Hispanic is driving his parents vehicle without permission. He has several "friends" with him. When noticed by BPD, it is 23:00 hrs, eleven at night. He is driving on the wrong side of the road and weaving. That , K-Mart shoppers, rates a blue light special. When pulled over, first question "Have you been drinking?" and a no to that. Now things get to be fun. The young man has no drivers license, lies about his name, lies about his age (said he was 18)and freely admits to being an illegal immigrant in the USA. BPD says thank you and turns him over to Homeland. One of the "others" in the vehicle had a license and left with the vehicle and the rest of the "others". Kid gets processed by homeland and they find out he is really fifteen and they call his parents.

    Lori and I listened to this "press release" quietly while holding our sign and OCing the whole time. Lori and I engaged several in conversation and countered every argument with Truth and Common Sense. After the release was done, lori and I were swarmed by the media, as we were the only people there on the BPD side. Our arguments were sound enough and delivered well enough to draw their attorney over to shut down the interview. We did get them to agree that "undocumented" was a cr@p catchword to soften the word ILLEGAL. That part was cool.

    What I thought was terrific was not a single word about my well holstered Ruger P-85 hanging off my belt. It only looks as big as it is because of my skinny little personna. We both got on the news(video) but they kept it above waist level.


    I will try to hunt video
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  2. #2
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Actual news report regarding this issue.

    http://www.king5.com/story/news/loca...trol/72427070/

    Looking for a video for the protest.

    Edit: That IS the video that includes Mr. Laigaie and his wife. *chuckle*
    Last edited by Grim_Night; 09-19-2015 at 06:43 PM.
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Alpine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Mercer Island
    Posts
    661
    Can't believe they won't deport them...

    We found the family through a random police contact. The supposed argument against deporting all 10+ million is that it would be too costly to hunt them down, what about when they wind up in LEO's laps?

    Hopefully the next regime will do something different.

  4. #4
    Activist Member golddigger14s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lacey, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,990
    Illegal, didn't have a drivers licence. Bye!
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

  5. #5
    Regular Member Freedom1Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Greater Eastside Washington
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    Illegal, didn't have a drivers licence. Bye!
    I have a deportation plan, I cannot share it here because I do not wish to hurt the board operator. I will say that it does involve airplanes and skydiving though.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

  6. #6
    Regular Member Boomboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    140
    Well, Sarge and his Sweetie sure are photogenic. They also know how to draw the idiots right out into daylight.

    I love how the reasonable questions posed by the Laigaie's were answered with obvious nonsense.

    If the kid had been named Smith, that same group would be there howling for blood.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I have a deportation plan, I cannot share it here because I do not wish to hurt the board operator. I will say that it does involve airplanes and skydiving though.
    There does not seem to be any recording of Woody singing it so we'll just let his son tell the tale.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2eO65BqxBE

    No, this does not mean that I agree with either the commie or the socialist offspring. It just means I know some good songs to play outside the BPC stations.

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  8. #8
    Regular Member Ajetpilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Olalla, Kitsap County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,410
    Nice hat! I think I caught a glimpse of the Ruger, but I wish the camera shot had shown it better. BZ MSG Laigaie!

  9. #9
    Regular Member Grim_Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington
    Posts
    792
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    There does not seem to be any recording of Woody singing it so we'll just let his son tell the tale.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2eO65BqxBE

    No, this does not mean that I agree with either the commie or the socialist offspring. It just means I know some good songs to play outside the BPC stations.

    stay safe.
    I like this version better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flkuZJ1did8
    Armed and annoyingly well informed!

    There are two constants when dealing with liberals:
    1) Liberals never quit until they are satisfied.
    2) Liberals are never satisfied.

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajetpilot View Post
    Nice hat! I think I caught a glimpse of the Ruger, but I wish the camera shot had shown it better. BZ MSG Laigaie!
    This is the point I was trying to make. Nobody mentioned the gun. One guy asked if I was a "policeman" and I told him I was a Legally Armed Citizen, retired Army.

    Open Carry is being accepted well here. And those who do not take it well are "tolerating" the Law.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Darn, I missed the fun great job MSG!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Darn, I missed the fun great job MSG!
    For this reason we have discussed a "hot button" text alert for such short fuse operations. We could reach a greater number of folks and get a more powerful turnout at events like this. We need to interject ourselves into the Community in which we live.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762
    retired Army
    Can we stop with this? Please?

    Military service does not establish more credibility for you as compared to someone who hasn't served, in the context of exercising your fundamental rights.

  14. #14
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,137
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Can we stop with this? Please?

    Military service does not establish more credibility for you as compared to someone who hasn't served, in the context of exercising your fundamental rights.
    It came up in conversation as to what I do for a living. No, Military service does not make me more credible.

    Now, if you have a personal problem with my service bucko, give me a PM and we can set a time and place to discuss it.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762
    Simmer down please. My point was narrow and distinct. My personal views on anyone's service are not relevant and questioning them is misdirection.

  16. #16
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    Can we stop with this? Please?

    Military service does not establish more credibility for you as compared to someone who hasn't served, in the context of exercising your fundamental rights.
    In many instances...yes, military service can provide a higher degree of credibility. The above post certainly validates my premise.

    google "butt-hurt."
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  17. #17
    Regular Member Dave_pro2a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    In many instances...yes, military service can provide a higher degree of credibility. The above post certainly validates my premise.

    google "butt-hurt."
    And then there's reality:
    http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-g...litary-2011-10
    The FBI has released a new gang assessment announcing that there are 1.4 million gang members in the US, a 40 percent increase since 2009, and that many of these members are getting inside the military
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/02/us...lt-report.html
    A Pentagon study released Thursday showed a sharp increase last year in reports of rapes and sexual assault they were up by 50 percent
    Military is staffed with humans. Humans be... human. There's the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly truly Evil.

    Statistically I bet there's more bad and evil humans in the military than out, like LEO work. It attracts those willing to kill, it attracts narcissists, and creates a program to nurture and reward that behavior, or at least protect it.

    I've personally witness the military machine protect rapists and drunk drivers from civilian consequences using legal tricks. We're all equal, except when we aren't.
    Last edited by Dave_pro2a; 09-22-2015 at 10:50 AM.
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

    "We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

    "The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

    "I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

    "Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

  18. #18
    Regular Member Boomboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    140
    Yeah, I'm calling bullcrap on that. It is true that the military is staffed by imperfect humans, but anyone who has been exposed to the military knows that the consequences for illegal, or even immoral behavior, are punished FAR more seriously than in the civilian world. Even what we might consider rather small infractions may merit serious jail time in a military prison (NOT fun) or a dishonorable discharge. A DD has a profound affect on post military life, including the right to own firearms that we celebrate on this site.

    Our fundamental rights are just that; fundamental. Military service does not grant extra rights. That said, our men and women who have served DO deserve a bit more credibility because they did more to deserve it than just being born within a certain border.

    In fact, their service is what has guaranteed the rights that we all enjoy today.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    N47 12 x W122 10
    Posts
    1,762
    because they did more to deserve it


    You can't fight for something that will exist whether you live or die. The right is not to be qualified. "deserve" is a qualification, therefore it's application is incorrect.

  20. #20
    Regular Member Boomboy007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    140
    Quote Originally Posted by deanf View Post
    You can't fight for something that will exist whether you live or die. The right is not to be qualified. "deserve" is a qualification, therefore it's application is incorrect.[/COLOR]
    While the right may be inherent, the freedom to express it MUST be defended. Our military volunteers to do that job.

    Since you are wearing your English professor mortarboard, I suggest you read my post once more. You will notice that the "deserve" to which I referred was in regards to their credibility in discussion, NOT as a qualification of rights. Thus, your argument is moot.

    Let's not play language games: All other things equal, voluntary military service DOES deserve recognition, and some of that recognition is the fact that, by and large, I tend to have a bit more trust in the judgement of presently serving and former military than in a random sampling of people. There are definitely exceptions, but they are not nearly as numerous as some here would have us believe.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

  21. #21
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    In Missouri.
    RSMo 571.101.2. A concealed carry permit issued pursuant to subsection 7 of this section shall be issued by the sheriff or his or her designee of the county or city in which the applicant resides, if the applicant:

    (1) Is at least nineteen years of age, is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and either:

    (a) Has assumed residency in this state; or

    (b) Is a member of the Armed Forces stationed in Missouri, or the spouse of such member of the military;

    (2) Is at least nineteen years of age, or is at least eighteen years of age and a member of the United States Armed Forces or honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces, and is a citizen of the United States and either:

    (a) Has assumed residency in this state;

    (b) Is a member of the Armed Forces stationed in Missouri; or

    (c) The spouse of such member of the military stationed in Missouri and nineteen years of age;
    Missouri lends "additional" credibility to members of the armed forces past and present. Their spouse as well.

    Each state may be different.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    161
    Too bad Border Patrol didn't stop by that rally.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •