Thread: So long Wisconsin

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

So long Wisconsin

Well..... Nancy and I are moving to Tempe in October. Nancy has had several back surgeries and the only way that she has relief is warmer, dryer places.

I am not leaving OCDO, just won't be monitoring or posting to Wisconsin as much.

I appreciate all the friends I made both virtually as well as ones I have met in person. Some of you are like brothers (and sisters, MKEGAL).

I will miss all of your shinning faces and the arguments we have.

Please do not give up on our goals to make Wisconsin the premier firearm rights state in the nation.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Wisconsin's loss will be Arizona's gain.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I find AZ nice in the winter good luck with the move.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Well..... Nancy and I are moving to Tempe in October. Nancy has had several back surgeries and the only way that she has relief is warmer, dryer places.

I am not leaving OCDO, just won't be monitoring or posting to Wisconsin as much.

I appreciate all the friends I made both virtually as well as ones I have met in person. Some of you are like brothers (and sisters, MKEGAL).

I will miss all of your shinning faces and the arguments we have.

Please do not give up on our goals to make Wisconsin the premier firearm rights state in the nation.
    Paul My prayers for your wife. My brother has had the same problem too, is in CA. When I retire from my 'illustrious' career in Minneapolis, wifey and I hope to move to NC. It is getting harder to take the winters bec of my asthmatic/ upper respiratory problems. Carry On buddy, though we have not met.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    Paul My prayers for your wife. My brother has had the same problem too, is in CA. When I retire from my 'illustrious' career in Minneapolis, wifey and I hope to move to NC. It is getting harder to take the winters bec of my asthmatic/ upper respiratory problems. Carry On buddy, though we have not met.
    law, your respiratory problems would do better in dry non humid climate. the black mold is pervasive in the residences due to 70% humidity throughout the tarheel state...and the winters have gotten horrific the last couple of years.

abq is pleasant...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I have been reading more than usual, since I sold my VW TDI, over at Fred's Club and am amused by the number of members there and here. Borsig, for one that I noticed today, other than the obvious for posting in this thread. I have been a member there since Y2K.

I may have moved from VW - that I really appreciated - to BMW just in time.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Bye Paul and Nancy. We are sad to see you leave, but hope to see you again some day.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    law, your respiratory problems would do better in dry non humid climate. the black mold is pervasive in the residences due to 70% humidity throughout the tarheel state...and the winters have gotten horrific the last couple of years.

abq is pleasant...

ipse
    I suppose. How about the coastal areas with that dry ocean wind. Besides the ac would keep the air dry. I suppose I'll have to regularly clean the air ducts to keep the mold out. Send me suggestions. I visited NC a couple of times in my RV. Just love the food and people and Muscatine grapes! Besides i am told it is a model state to OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    I suppose. How about the coastal areas with that dry ocean wind. Besides the ac would keep the air dry. I suppose I'll have to regularly clean the air ducts to keep the mold out. Send me suggestions. I visited NC a couple of times in my RV. Just love the food and people and Muscatine grapes! Besides i am told it is a model state to OC.
    hummm one is correct for the most part we are a model state...for the most part.

uh, dry ocean wind?

pm sent to maintain thread viability.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

You will be missed Paul. Best of luck to you and Nancy in Arizona. I am glad to have met you and Nancy.
    Rick
    "Don't draw fire, it irritates the people around you."

Farewell

I have been mia that being said. Hello my fellow Wisconsinites, Paul I'm sorry to hear your wife is going through such times hope all is well for her and you. I wish you guys the best. Farewell.