Thread: John Boehner's resignation - impact on 2A laws?

John Boehner's resignation - impact on 2A laws?

I've heard no clear rumor on his replacement as Speaker. Hopefully someone who's at least as supportive.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0RP1GT20150925

one hopes he does not fly the flag of "stepping down for the good of the country" as he leaves the post!!

after watching his complete emotional breakdown during the entire pope event...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

When a useful idiot is no longer useful Obama removes them and installs a different useful idiot. Nothing new to see here.....
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

totally surprized the resigning speaker is lambasting the house members so soon after stating he was stepping down...quite uncharacteristic since he has nothing to gain for going into a tell all mentality.

tho i do feel the honorable, quote: Rep. Cynthia Lummis, R-Wyoming, noted. “We’ll also be looking for a speaker who will elevate and restore Congress’s rightful role as a co-equal branch of our government.” unquote, needs a small civic lesson in the three branches that make up the US Government.
    (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/short...ry?id=34051045)

as the bard stated in King Henry IV Part I: "Before the game is afoot, thou still let'st slip." it should be an interesting power cycle in the institution.

ipse

the president has anything to say about installation of the speaker of the house ~ perhaps others need to attend civics class w/the WY Rep...
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Something about a sinking ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim675 View Post
    I've heard no clear rumor on his replacement as Speaker. Hopefully someone who's at least as supportive.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/...0RP1GT20150925
    Uh, same dude, different name.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    A RINO from California.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Not this time. He said he wants to "turn America around". Whew! Thank goodness.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand