Thread: How to open carry in my car.

How to open carry in my car.

I open carry and i hope i can get some answers....i get different answers who i talk to ..State trooper,sheriff or city police.This is my questions how do i carry my handgun in my car can it have the clip in it or not.Next question if i`m on my property i heard i can have it concealed ....even if i not have a concealed permit .I just wanna know what i have to do so i carry my gun legally .I`m new here and i hope someone can help me out.Thanks!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by km34 View Post
    I open carry and i hope i can get some answers....i get different answers who i talk to ..State trooper,sheriff or city police.This is my questions how do i carry my handgun in my car can it have the clip in it or not.Next question if i`m on my property i heard i can have it concealed ....even if i not have a concealed permit .I just wanna know what i have to do so i carry my gun legally .I`m new here and i hope someone can help me out.Thanks!
    First welcome to OCDO.

We never recommend asking a LEO about the law - lots of very good reasons.

Presuming you are not otherwise restricted, yes you can carry on your own property CC or OC w/o a permit as well as loaded in a vehicle

An excellent source of information regarding Kentucky gun laws may be found here.

BTW - very few handguns have clips. They are magazines.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Congratulations on the evident success of your eye treatment, you seem to be seeing much better.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

You are lucky to be in ky. It is a constitutional open carry state.
    What the others have said is accurate.

Basically without a ccdw permit you can have a loaded firearm anywhere in your car or on your person as long as it is visible. You can also have it in any factory installed box like center console or glove box.

Nothing to add here except to say Hello and Welcome. I too am in the Madisonville area. Stop in at the Gun Counter at Rural King and say hi. -Bill