Thread: WA resident w/ oregon cpl going to Bend Or. city parks......

WA resident w/ oregon cpl going to Bend Or. city parks......

hi, I live in WA and have a cpl in WA and OR. I'm visiting OR. for the first time next weekend, Bend Or and I would like to go bicycle riding on the trails next to the river that runs through Bend,and the trail goes through city parks, and I see they have a band in parks, so whats up with that? Do I have to unload or does my OR cpl give me options?

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    hi, I live in WA and have a cpl in WA and OR. I'm visiting OR. for the first time next weekend, Bend Or and I would like to go bicycle riding on the trails next to the river that runs through Bend,and the trail goes through city parks, and I see they have a band in parks, so whats up with that? Do I have to unload or does my OR cpl give me options?

From the Parks and Recs site:

In Article I

h. No person shall possess a firearm on district property, except those persons authorized to carry firearms under Oregon law.

ARTICLE II HUNTING, FISHING, FIREARMS, METAL DETECTORS & FIREWORKS

1. No person shall discharge a firearm or use a weapon on district property. Weapons include spring or air-activated weapons, or weapons that propel projectiles by use of a bow or sling, explosives, or jet or rocket propulsion. Only persons authorized by the State of Oregon in accordance with their official duties, or in writing by the Executive Director, shall be authorized to fire or discharge any firearm or weapon.

2. No person shall hunt on any district property, except as authorized by the Executive Director and/or the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife.

3. No person shall discharge any fireworks or explosives on district property, except as authorized by the Executive Director or designee.

4. Metal detector permits are available free of charge through Park Services, 1675 SW Simpson, 541-388-5435, hours 7:30 am 4:00 pm, Monday Friday.
    http://bendparksandrec.org/parks__trails/park_rules/

I don't know how to interpret paragraph "h". When is carry of firearms "permitted" under Oregon law? Any time it is expressly not permitted?

I saw this and had questions.
    http://www.ci.bend.or.us/online_form...5_Offenses.pdf
    But there is nothing on that page.
    I guess I'm ok to take my gun into the park because the state gave me a cpl.

You have an oregon permit. You're good to go. Preemption says they can't stop you.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford