• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dan Casey Satire: Some big plans for gun laws in 2016

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
After all is said and done, Dan is not only self promoting, but he is his biggest fanbois. What else he is I'm not sure, but he doesn't seem to be very effective at it.

Would anything change if Dan were not on the scene? I doubt it.

However, every time he mentions/plugs VCDL our stock goes up - thank you Dan.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm pretty sure Dan spent a great deal of his grade school years hiding in the principals office, and much of his high school time stuffed in a locker with a jock strap tied on his head.
It formed the foundation of his career.

OC for ME

Satire...the good kind anyway, requires a grain of truth. Not good satire, unless you believe that the liberal view of guns/gun ownership is the truth.

builtjeep

Is it odd that I think 1-3 are pretty decent ideas? Would require some tweaks, certainly well short of his exaggerated proposal, but not terrible ideas.

Edit: Now that I've read TTAG response I see I'm not alone.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is it odd that I think 1-3 are pretty decent ideas? Would require some tweaks, certainly well short of his exaggerated proposal, but not terrible ideas.

Edit: Now that I've read TTAG response I see I'm not alone.

Dan's intent is to ridicule areas that might stand improvement, not support any positive changes.

Marco

I'm well aware of that, just saying he failed miserably by offering "ludicrous" suggestions that, at least in part, are nowhere near ludicrous.

Not ludicrous?
3. Welfare guns: The government offers many housing-, medical- and food-assistance programs to help alleviate poverty. One example is food stamps. But none of those addresses the glaring firearms gap between the haves and have-nots. That’s unfair, and we have a solution.

:shocker:
But, since my/our tax money already can used for almost anything else by recipients (EBT card holders).
I have yet to see a gun shop with a sign saying they accept EBT.

An enterprising person could fill that void.... Calling Mr. ?? .