• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Colorado Sheriffs Have Their Day in Court

JG_Buffalo

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/09/...n-laws/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

A group of sheriffs from different Colorado counties are moving forward with their fight to repeal stricter state gun laws put in place three years ago.

Those laws limit the capacity of ammunition magazines and expand background checks on gun purchases in Colorado.

Sheriffs like Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario say they are committed to fighting to protect what they say is citizens’ Second Amendment rights.

Let's hope that we can get some relief here in Colorado on the magazine ban at the very least.

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Its called standing.

How many cases have I seen kicked out due to lack of standing.

And many even I could see that they did not have standing.

Oh well.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sadly, Coloradans elected/appointed a bunch of Constitutional MORONS to office. They cannot fathom the fact that "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed" means that this right SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

These Demoncraps claim that a lawsuit "failed to show harm."

Lady (I'm speaking to chief CO Moron in Charge, Colorado Attorney General Cynthia Coffman), We the People DO NOT have to "show harm" to file lawsuit for a violation of rights. Throughout the history of the United States of America, "harm" has NEVER been a criteria of Constitutional rights violations. It is simply enough to show that one's rights were violated. Case in point: Rosa Parks.

If you don't know this, you are in the WRONG job.

OC for ME

The sheriffs shudda arrested the judge(s) for upholding a prior unconstitutional restraint. The legislature could then work the issue out between the executive and judicial branches.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Maketa indicted for 2nd-degree kidnapping, extortion, and much more

Did you read about this? The article came out today (May 25, 2016), and is from Denver Channel 7 (ABC).

What do you think? Deserved, or just political fallout for getting the chief of the Black Forest Fire Department fired?

Could this be the Colorado Libturdical Society's way of getting back at a staunch Constitutional supporter, particularly the Second Amendment?

davidmcbeth

Banned
We don't have "official misconduct" in my state ... too bad.

Sheriff is usually a political position ...

So we'll see if any of the dirt sticks.