• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I knew this would happen.

Lowski

I find it interesting that recreational pot stores are a firearm prohibited place. When the liquor control board ran the liquor stores 21 & under and guns were allowed.

Based on RCW 9.41.300(1)(d) it appears they have the authority to make them prohibited places.

“(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age; or”

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

Pot sales related WAC 314-55-086 states…

“(4) Firearms prohibited signs provided by the board must be posted at the entrance of each producer, processor, and retailer licensed location.”

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=314-55&full=true#314-55-086

I noticed in your linked news story the store that was robbed is a medical store. As they are not run by the liquor control board they presumably do not have any state mandated firearm restrictions. It still shows the risks of running a cash only business selling a desirable product.

solus

remember the feds have prohibited medical maryjane from depositing their $$$ in any type of banking institution so they have large amounts of C A S H on hand...

most have extensive security surrounding the stores to preclude this type of violent crime from occurring. it will only get worse!!

ipse

decklin

From what I hear and looking at websites of some of the local recreational shops there are a few that accept debit cards and more are working on it. But apparently some banking and/or credit unions are choosing not to authorize transactions taking place at a marijuana establishment.

solus

From what I hear and looking at websites of some of the local recreational shops there are a few that accept debit cards and more are working on it. But apparently some banking and/or credit unions are choosing not to authorize transactions taking place at a marijuana establishment.

financial institutes are also prohibited by regulatory constraints from taking money deposits/xfers from any federally recognized illegal activity...oh, darn that is the maryjane industry...

the credit cards services are private enterprises & business per se...

ipse

Dave_pro2a

financial institutes are also prohibited by regulatory constraints from taking money deposits/xfers from any federally recognized illegal activity...oh, darn that is the maryjane industry...

the credit cards services are private enterprises & business per se...

ipse

Banks have also been forced to become an arm of the DEA. Mandatory reporting of any large cash deposits are withdraws, starting with as little as $1000.

Break the $2500 mark or so, and BAM your name goes to the head of the list.

Want to get on something worse than a thugs 'stop and rob list,' try and deal with CASH and BANKS.

You WILL get screwed.

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

I went to check out a "pot" store to see what all the hype was about. On the front door was a no gun sign from the state liquor control , so I discreetly put my OC pistol in the car. Then I saw another sign that said cash only. So there was the making of a perfect storm and wala it happened!
http://q13fox.com/2015/09/29/armed-robbers-terrorize-marijuana-shop-employee/

So what.

Try working graveyard at a gas station for a month. You'd be taking your life in your hands.