Thread: Holster for Light AND Optic?

Holster for Light AND Optic?

I see plenty of holster options for guns with optics, and I see plenty of options for guns with rail-mounted lights. Is there such a holster that can accommodate both? Maybe even (dare I suggest) some form of retention besides friction? The ultimate bonus would be if I could holster and unholster with a can on the end.

But I suppose if I needed a gun to do that much, I should just bring a rifle, huh.

shudder...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The closest thing I can think of would be one of the Viridian laser/light combo deals. They have a few holster options (like their TacLoc) and will accommodate the rail-mounted laser/light. By optics though, I assume you mean something more like a holo sight, so not sure on that one.

Is there a reason you're looking to have every gadget available attached all at once?
    How much experience do you have with firearms?
    I ask because between the optic, light, and suppressor your gonna spend around around $1600.
    Drawing with a suppressor is slow, difficult, awkward, and a really good way to tourque something.
    Optics require batteries, maintenance, zeroing , etc.
    I am a fan of lights, though.
    If you must have all those things on there then you'll need to go custom.
    Something like raven or one of those guys. You're looking at over $100 and a minimum 6 week wait time.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Is there a reason you're looking to have every gadget available attached all at once?
    I ask because between the optic, light, and suppressor your gonna spend around around $1600.
    Drawing with a suppressor is slow, difficult, awkward, and a really good way to tourque something.
    Something like raven or one of those guys. You're looking at over $100 and a minimum 6 week wait time.
    Find a local saddle maker and ask for quote. Custom could cost 200 to do what the OP wants.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Tacti-cool BBQ gun? I can dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    I already have everything except the slide being milled. I'd like to have that done by the end of the year. I'm looking to keep all my options open however I want to run the gun. I'd like to buy one holster and be done forever: range fun, competition, EDC. I got a response from Gladius holsters who make a suppressor holster, and they said I can have a custom holster made for optic and suppressor, or optic and light, but not all three. Waiting to hear what retention options there can be.

I've been through enough holsters to start wishing there was one that can accommodate anything I can think to attach at once. Maybe I'm weird, but I'm prepared to fork some money over anyhow.

Okay, so I found it from Safariland after a lot of searching. Despite the pictures, it's black if you look for this exact model. The camouflage isn't my thing for daily open carry. I'll be ordering this within a month.

Features:
    Glock 19
    Accommodates threaded barrel
    Protects red dot
    1 level of retention beyond friction (with or without optic; and with or without light attached)
    Works with TLR-1(HL) models (and I would guess a few smaller sized ones too)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/safarila...o-holster.html

6354DO-2832-782

Quote Originally Posted by Atomterrible View Post
    Okay, so I found it from Safariland after a lot of searching. Despite the pictures, it's black if you look for this exact model. The camouflage isn't my thing for daily open carry. I'll be ordering this within a month.

Features:
    Glock 19
    Accommodates threaded barrel
    Protects red dot
    1 level of retention beyond friction (with or without optic; and with or without light attached)
    Works with TLR-1(HL) models (and I would guess a few smaller sized ones too)

http://www.opticsplanet.com/safarila...o-holster.html

6354DO-2832-782
    You want to EDC a pistol loaded with every enhancement available this side of "Call of Duty" video games and camouflage is not your "thing"??? Well, at least, you draw the line somewhere.

Enhanced skill will serve you better than enhanced equipment. But, if it's your thing, more power to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernymac View Post
    You want to EDC a pistol loaded with every enhancement available this side of "Call of Duty" video games and camouflage is not your "thing"??? Well, at least, you draw the line somewhere.

Enhanced skill will serve you better than enhanced equipment. But, if it's your thing, more power to ya.
    Just thought I'd make a point that this is as good as it gets as far as Glock compatibility and features. It will holda G19 or G23 with/without a threaded barrel, light, and/or optic. Anyone can deny this option for personal EDC, but I can't get around its near-universal applicability and practicality for range use, training, EDC, competition, or anything besides concealed carry.

I'm afraid I don't know many people who wouldn't prefer options.
    Last edited by Atomterrible; 11-02-2015 at 02:30 PM.