Thread: Held at gunpoint, cuffed and stuffed for OC and photography.

Held at gunpoint, cuffed and stuffed for OC and photography.

I really thought that the Colorado Springs Police were above this sort of thing, but I was wrong.

Here's what Internal Affairs is now investigating (in their own words.):

"On September 21, 2015 at approximately 12:15 PM the complainant and his wife were at the Police Operations Center conducting a "First and Second Amendment Audit." The complainant wanted to show his wife that the CSPD officers would respect his constitutional rights. The complainant was openly carrying a pistol and taking pictures of the POC. A plainclothes detective began surveilling the complainant. When a uniformed officer arrived both officers pointed their weapons at the complainant and demanded he get on the ground. The complainant was handcuffed and placed into a patrol car. The complainant's wife was observed videotaping the incident and was contacted as well. When she told officers that she had a pistol in her purse [sic. actually it was a fanny pack] an unidentified officer grabbed his pistol despite her not presenting a threat. The complainant alleges that he was illegally detained as he had not committed a crime by carrying a pistol and photographing buildings from where he had a lawful right to be."

That description sounds kind of sterile, but in reality it was terrifying to have two men pointing guns directly at my head whilst shouting at the top of their lungs. My wife is traumatized. She really thought that she was going to lose her husband that day. I feel kind of bad for telling her that nothing would happen, but that at worst someone might come out and ask me what I was up to.

BTW, I have been on this forum for years. Been away for a while, came back to find that my username had vanished, so I had to sign up all over again.
    Last edited by Mordecai; 10-01-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Contact an attorney and post no more here unless okayed.

This thread can be deleted if you so request.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Contact an attorney and post no more here unless okayed.

This thread can be deleted if you so request.

This is Truth!

You have paper to file for your action against the officers and agency that "offended" you. I lived through a similar incident a few years ago. http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-Open-Carrier

Good luck in your endeavor. Do try to get the training level increased to prevent this from happening again.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
    I feel kind of bad for telling her that nothing would happen....
    lol

Termination and permanent disbarment from future employment in the public sector for the unprofessional cops, behaving in a utterly unprofessional and egregious manner...talk about effective training of other cops.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

So what will you be buying?
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Its a fine line to be juxtaposed between supporting the police in responding to thugs attacking them, and then having officers like these behave in an aggressive and violent manner when no threat was presented.

They certainly should not be in that line of work, cops like that get other cops killed. IE they feel they have license to abuse anyone, and its guys like that at the core of the greivances that are mistakenly using the worst thugs as examples (Michael Brown got what he asked for, John Crawford certainly did not).

Quote Originally Posted by Saxxon View Post
    Its a fine line to be juxtaposed between supporting the police in responding to thugs attacking them, and then having officers like these behave in an aggressive and violent manner when no threat was presented.

They certainly should not be in that line of work, cops like that get other cops killed. ...
    There is no fine line when there is no threat evident. Please worry for the citizen that could be killed before you concern yourself with a cop who could get killed. It is unfortunate that the threat of death and/or serious bodily harm from a state agent can only be responded to via a civil proceeding by the abused citizen...or his survivors.

Shed no tear for cops, they know exactly what they are doing and it is by no accident that they act as described above.

A mere employment termination is far to lenient, but the laws of the several states are configure to protect all cops from all but the most egregious of screw-ups...this is We The People's fault.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

So, exactly why is it that anyone defends this behavior? Did this guy break a law or endanger someone? What is the justifaction to treat a lawabiding citizen like this? There should be a penalty for treating a a lawful citizen this way.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skin'erback View Post
    So, exactly why is it that anyone defends this behavior? Did this guy break a law or endanger someone? What is the justifaction to treat a lawabiding citizen like this? There should be a penalty for treating a a lawful citizen this way.
    Don't see anyone here defending bad behavior.

The penalty for bad treatment by a public official is obtained through the civil courts
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

CSPD is the worst.
    If Law Enforcement really supported the Second Amendment, open carriers would never get harassed or arrested.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Incident only occurred about 3 1/2 months ago, therefore any civil settlement probably has not occurred just yet.. I hope the OP retained proper legal counsel and sued under 42 section 1983 along with chargers to his assailants under USC title 18- 241-242

Regards
    CCJ
    Last edited by countryclubjoe; 01-23-2016 at 04:17 PM.
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Don't see anyone here defending bad behavior.

The penalty for bad treatment by a public official is obtained through the civil courts
    Or through public humiliation !