Thread: Received my non-resident permit with a letter.

Received my non-resident permit with a letter.

As the title says, I just got my non-Resident UT permit today in the mail. This is just over 3 weeks since my payment was processed.

My question is regarding the FBI background check and fingerprints. The letter says that the permit they issued is contingent on the background check and fingerprints processing. It says that if the prints are rejected, or the background check comes back with something disqualifying that it will be revoked. Is this standard, to issue the permit immediately and then wait for the info to come back? I'm not worried about it, but it seems a little strange to handle it that way.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Have not heard of them doing that before.

"By Utah statute, Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation has sixty (60) days from the time they start ‘ processing ‘ your application although it rarely takes that long. They officially start ‘processing’ your application when they /process your payment (check your bank account or card statement)."
    http://www.utahccwcarry.com/faq/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by adk_mechetech View Post
    Is this standard, to issue the permit immediately and then wait for the info to come back? I'm not worried about it, but it seems a little strange to handle it that way.
    This is standard for the Utah permit. If the prints look good (ie readable), and there isn't an immediate hit on them or your other info, or some other reason to deny the permit, the permit is issued within the statutory time frame. If something comes back from the FBI after the permit is issued, the permit can be yanked.

The letter is mostly lawyer CYA kind of stuff.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.