Thread: Tenn. Lt. Gov., Senate Speaker urge ‘fellow Christians’ to get handgun permits

Tenn. Lt. Gov., Senate Speaker urge ‘fellow Christians’ to get handgun permits

"Tennessee’s lieutenant governor is encouraging his “fellow Christians” to consider getting a handgun carry permit after a gunman killed nine people at a local community college in southern Oregon.
    [ ... ]
    Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey encouraged “Christians who are serious about their faith to think about getting a handgun carry permit.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-handgun-perm/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Does TN allow carry in church? You know where I'm going with this......

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/a...rchSchools.pdf
    Last edited by color of law; 10-03-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: added link

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Does TN allow carry in church? You know where I'm going with this......

http://www.handgunlaw.us/documents/a...rchSchools.pdf
    yes... its legal to carry in a church in TN

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Tennessee’s lieutenant governor is encouraging his “fellow Christians” to consider getting a handgun carry permit after a gunman killed nine people at a local community college in southern Oregon.
    [ ... ]
    Senate Speaker Ron Ramsey encouraged “Christians who are serious about their faith to think about getting a handgun carry permit.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-handgun-perm/
    What about us heathens?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    What about us heathens?

stay safe.
    Prey Pray.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

What about us heathens?

stay safe.
    write to the pope for special dispensation...working for what's her name, the court clerk!!

just saying ya know...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "Tennessee’s lieutenant governor is encouraging his “fellow Christians” to consider getting a handgun carry permit ...
    Is he also urging the legislature to make it so no permits are required?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

quote: Trump criticized "gun-free zones," saying that the Oregon shootings could have been limited if instructors or students had been armed. He said better mental health care would help curb future shootings.

While Trump warned that "no matter what you do, you will always have problems," he argued that it doesn't make sense to limit access to firearms.

"It's not the guns," Trump said during his hour long speech. "It's the people, it's these sick people."
    unquote

dead link replaced with grape's...thanks

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/politi...rmed-teachers/

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-04-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: correct tech fail
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    quote: Trump criticized "gun-free zones," saying that the Oregon shootings could have been limited if instructors or students had been armed. He said better mental health care would help curb future shootings.

While Trump warned that "no matter what you do, you will always have problems," he argued that it doesn't make sense to limit access to firearms.

"It's not the guns," Trump said during his hour long speech. "It's the people, it's these sick people."
    unquote

the_associated_press-trump_defends_2nd_amendment_following_oregon_shoot-ap

ipse
    No working linky, but there are many to be found. This is one:
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/03/politi...rmed-teachers/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    write to the pope for special dispensation...working for what's her name, the court clerk!!

just saying ya know...

ipse
    Isn't that what PEZ come out of - a special dispensationer?

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Isn't that what PEZ come out of - a special dispensationer?

stay safe.
    (laughing out loud hysterically)

merry met mate, truly merry met!!

(chuckling silently)

ipse

I carried in my church for the first time last Sunday going to make it a habit . I operated a camera in the front. I can see anybody that comes up the sidewalk

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by curly84 View Post
    I carried in my church for the first time last Sunday going to make it a habit . I operated a camera in the front. I can see anybody that comes up the sidewalk

Curly...welcome to the forum...and seeing anybody on the sidewalk...that's a good thing?

oh and that was carried open right?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-07-2015 at 03:53 PM.

I know this won't go well but ! No not there yet at church
    Need to work on that