• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisville library

bill.keen

Ok so speaking of court houses, I went to the child support office the other day and found that they still have no weapons signs posted. I asked one of the detectives and was told since it was a branch of the county attorneys office that it was part of the court. I haven't done any investigating whether or not that carries any weight but it sounds like a bunch of bull to me. Anyone know anything about this?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

bill.keen

I apologize yes it is the starks building. I did not get the name of the detective.

3bc8d7062b1c37e7b45948678de8d5f0.jpg

8944370946e6e147f9a70604f1538e85.jpg

ce813f50a33ca3daea4c71cf712404fc.jpg

bill.keen

I really thought about oc'ing but can't deal with spending the night in jail if one of those detectives has a hair up his ass. I'm going to try talking to the district attorney since it is his office if I het no where with that I guess my local state representative would be the next call.

bill.keen

Here is a copy of the email I sent to the Jefferson county attorneys office.

I recently visited the Jefferson county child support office and noticed two no weapons signs, when I asked one of the detectives posted in the office I was told it was part of the court system and I was not allowed to carry my sidearm. I have reviewed KRS 65.870, 237.110, and 527.020 and have found nothing authorizing the ban of openly carried firearms inside the child support office located at 315 W. Mohammed Ali Blvd. I am requesting that these signs be removed and the staff be educated on what the current laws are regarding the open carry of firearms.

Guess we'll see what happens.

bill.keen

KRS 237.115 clearly says that there can be no penalty for violators. All they can do is ask you to leave. The county attorney's office is the correct place to start. They know better than this and I suspect they will be shocked to find out that these signs are up in one of their own offices. KC3 has been through these statutes several times with them. These signs are different from any on any other Metro building that I know of. How they have stayed in place is a mystery to me. They certainly don't appear to be new. Could you email those picture to me, if I send you a PM with my email address?
Yes I can send you the pics.

bill.keen

As of now I still have had now reply from the county attorneys office. The first email sent was via the Louisvilleky.gov website I am going to send another to his direct email address and see if I get a response from that.

bill.keen

New e-mail sent to Mike O'Connell's direct email.

I originally sent this email via the louisvilleky.gov website directed to your office, however I have received no reply as of yet and have no guarantee that email even found its way to you.

I recently visited the Jefferson county child support office and noticed two no weapons signs, when I asked one of the detectives posted in the office I was told it was part of the court system and I was not allowed to carry my sidearm. I have reviewed KRS 65.870, 237.110, and 527.020 and have found nothing authorizing the ban of openly carried firearms inside the child support office located at 315 W. Mohammed Ali Blvd. I am requesting that these signs be removed and the staff be educated on what the current laws are regarding the open carry of firearms.

Let me add that I know you have worked with KC3 to get other government agencies into compliance with the new gun law and I am sure this is simply an oversight. I'm sure you are surprised to learn about this.

Sincerely,
Bill Keen

Ghost1958

The signs need to come down. But since one may cc anywhere they can legally OC with no penalty other than being asked to leave cc until the signs come down.
The only place in my county that actually bans guns out right is the justice centers as far as courthouses.

bill.keen

The signs need to come down. But since one may cc anywhere they can legally OC with no penalty other than being asked to leave cc until the signs come down.
The only place in my county that actually bans guns out right is the justice centers as far as courthouses.
Circumventing the signs by simply CC'ing is only a temporary fix. It's more about whats right and wrong. If the answer is to CC every time you see an illegal no gun sign then the wrong never gets righted. I promise you rights not fought for are rights lost.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Does Kentucky consider Jails and schools courthouses?

bill.keen

Just got a reply from to county attorneys office:
Dear Mr. Keen,
Your email was forwarded to me for a response.* This week the Child Support Division of the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office removed its “No Weapons” signs from the entrance doors to our building at 315 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard in Louisville, Kentucky.* We also removed the sign stating “Weapons are not permitted” from the main lobby door.* Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.* We will continue to review the matter with our staff.
Sincerely,
Angela Anton
ANGELA M. ANTON
Director, Jefferson County Attorney Child Support Division
315 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard
Louisville, Kentucky* 40202

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Just got a reply from to county attorneys office:
Dear Mr. Keen,
Your email was forwarded to me for a response.* This week the Child Support Division of the Jefferson County Attorney’s Office removed its “No Weapons” signs from the entrance doors to our building at 315 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard in Louisville, Kentucky.* We also removed the sign stating “Weapons are not permitted” from the main lobby door.* Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention.* We will continue to review the matter with our staff.
Sincerely,
Angela Anton
ANGELA M. ANTON
Director, Jefferson County Attorney Child Support Division
315 West Muhammad Ali Boulevard
Louisville, Kentucky* 40202

Amazing, just amazing....:lol: