Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 67

Thread: Culpeper MWAG, school

  1. #1
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    1,923

    Culpeper MWAG, school

    http://www.dailyprogress.com/starexp...1684dea52.html

    "Culpeper County students, and their parents, got a scare Wednesday morning after school officials received a report of a student with a gun on a school bus. As a result, Culpeper County High School, Culpeper County Middle School and the TRIER Alternative School were all on lock down for about an hour, beginning at 11 a.m."

    http://www.fredericksburg.com/news/l...1eb5b060c.html

    "9th grader with a pellet gun"
    Last edited by The Truth; 10-07-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  2. #2
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    1,923
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That would NGWAPG, and requires a full tactical response.
    Seriously.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    That would NGWAPG, and requires a full tactical response.

    It did. This NGWAPG was so dangerous, they brought the MRAP out to block his escape.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49

    Culpeper MWAG, school

    I live in Culpeper with a daughter in 4th. Kid was racking slide and threatened to shoot other kids. Then left school, to do God knows what!? No one can be sure it's a pellet gun or of his intentions until they get him.

    I think whatever the response might've been was justified. My wife is a teacher in Prince William and there's no reason to take any chances these days.

    Also at her school (elementary) last year a kid brought in gun "paraphernalia." It wasn't actually the gun, but maybe a mag and slide or something.

    Zero tolerance, and that comes from someone who carries daily, even in my house.
    Last edited by mkatzpp; 10-08-2015 at 06:50 AM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Zero-tolerance is an euphemism for thoughtlessness.
    Up until yesterday, I would have agreed with you. Now, not so much.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    11,101
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    --Moderator deleted insulting remarks in quote--
    Security is paramount.

    Odd though, how long did this potential lethal threat only threaten?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-08-2015 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Quote deleted
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,258
    now, where did i leave my slurpie...

    ipse
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..." (OBE as Grape called melody!!)

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    --Moderator deleted personal insults
    mkatzpp, I can understand your passion for defending the response to what happened yesterday. I too had a daughter in lockdown at Culpeper MIddle School as well as a wife in modified lockdown at Yowell Elementary. I applaud how the Law Enforcement agencies handled the situation and the information they got out in a timely fashion. With that being said, I don't think your posts insulting Nightmare is going to solve anything. I am a firm believer in "walking in their shoes" and I would hope if he would have walked in your shoes yesterday he would be more understanding of your situation. You aren't going to change his mind with posts like that.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-08-2015 at 11:42 PM. Reason: deleted quoted material
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    --Moderator deleted personal insult--
    Wow, someone brainwashed. Youngin, us old farts grew up before gun control. I for one and like many others would carry our 22 rifle to school. You have been wussified. You are on a gun forum and you are talking like those mommies demand action. Grow-up.

    How about you promote gun safety classes at school. Let teachers carry guns. Start a shooting club at school.

    No recess for you.....
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-08-2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: deleted quoted material

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Wow, someone brainwashed. Youngin, us old farts grew up before gun control. I for one and like many others would carry our 22 rifle to school. You have been wussified. You are on a gun forum and you are talking like those mommies demand action. Grow-up.

    How about you promote gun safety classes at school. Let teachers carry guns. Start a shooting club at school.

    No recess for you.....
    Not to sound "wussified", but have you ever sat at home while you were being told your loved ones were in a school with the possibility of a kid with a gun running around? I have and it ain't no fun. Now, I'm in no way insulting you or your response, but at least try and understand where mkatzpp and I are coming from. Times have changed, like it or not. But throwing insults around to make your point if you have never experienced what we did yesterday is pointless.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  11. #11
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    Not to sound "wussified", but have you ever sat at home while you were being told your loved ones were in a school with the possibility of a kid with a gun running around? I have and it ain't no fun. Now, I'm in no way insulting you or your response, but at least try and understand where mkatzpp and I are coming from. Times have changed, like it or not. But throwing insults around to make your point if you have never experienced what we did yesterday is pointless.
    Excuse me, but who started throwing insults around? I made an observation. A perfect example of your brainwashing is "Times have changed" comment. Times have changed all right. You youngins have been brainwashed in to believing you need the government to take care of you.

    I clearly understand fear. And I understand your fear. But, what are you going to do about it????? What???? I bet you won't do a thing.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Northern Piedmont-Culpeper
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Excuse me, but who started throwing insults around? I made an observation. A perfect example of your brainwashing is "Times have changed" comment. Times have changed all right. You youngins have been brainwashed in to believing you need the government to take care of you.

    I clearly understand fear. And I understand your fear. But, what are you going to do about it????? What???? I bet you won't do a thing.
    I didn't insult you and I made that perfectly clear. You chose to attack mkatzpp, calling him "brain washed" and "wussified". And then continued it by calling me thoise names too. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you make baseless assumptions under the guise of being older and wiser. I bet I am older than you think I am, and I too was around during the "I took my gun to school" era. So what? My point is if you haven't been in that situation, don't even pretend to understand my fear. And what have you done to change how your school district handles this situation? Because I bet they handle it the exact same way our school district did yesterday.
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    2,926
    I took guns to school many times when I was there would ride with them on the bus and the put them in the locker than go over to a friends house for a week end of hunting.

    Always had a shotgun in the truck during hunting season would hunt before and after school.

    I trained and taught active shooter response.

    Times have indeed changed we do need to have firearms training in are schools we do need to stopped the teaching that all guns are bad all the time.

    If a kid was dumb enough to do that kind of action on my school bus some of the older boys most likely would have taken it away from him and broken it. Many of us knew the different between a real gun and pellet gun (a lot harder to tell now days).

    But yes the anti's want us all whimpified they do want us to run in fear at the mere mention of a gun


    We also need to have proper response when there is a creditable threat an hour lock down doesn't seem that unreasonable.

    We also need to have properly trained staff and administrators to help in handling these threats and not just running and hiding.

    I see points on both ends there is a lot of work to do for sure.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  14. #14
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter348 View Post
    I didn't insult you and I made that perfectly clear. You chose to attack mkatzpp, calling him "brain washed" and "wussified". And then continued it by calling me thoise names too. You don't know me or anything about me, yet you make baseless assumptions under the guise of being older and wiser. I bet I am older than you think I am, and I too was around during the "I took my gun to school" era. So what? My point is if you haven't been in that situation, don't even pretend to understand my fear. And what have you done to change how your school district handles this situation? Because I bet they handle it the exact same way our school district did yesterday.
    I called no one names. I made an observation. Have you ever had a gun held to your head by some idiot? I have. So don't lecture me. Don't ask me what I going to do. I asked what you are going to do. You, what are you going to do? It's your kid in that school. It's your school. What are you go to do about educating your school on gun safety?

    I can hear it now. I don't have time.

  15. #15
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,922
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    It's not worth it on this board. It's dominated by very very very old people who have no concept of the way the world is today.

    There's no slowly walking them towards the facts or reasoning with them. I've been on this board for 2.5 years and everything is the same here. It's like an old boys Alzheimer's club.

    One of the first defense mechanisms used was how "old and wise they are" but unfortunately that leads to them using ancient reasoning on things. Like how they grew up around guns and it's no big deal that someone had one.

    It doesn't matter what you say, in their minds pop tart guns are the same as an actual gun i if it isn't used.
    And yet you, with such discerning insight , have stuck around!

    ROFLMAO
    Last edited by BB62; 10-08-2015 at 10:00 AM.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    And yet you, with such discerning insight , have stuck around!

    ROFLMAO
    If I'm wrong about my insight show me where. As far as I can tell we had people making jokes about the event (9th grader with a gun) and others making excuses for why the situation was no big deal (i brought rifles to school growing up). If that isn't 1970s thinking I don't know what is.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    I don't mind many points of view but this Virginia forum is just one annoying outdated point of view. Most times I just read and move on, but today was just too much.

    Can't have people coming to this board and seeing the stupidity without someone logical posting putting up a fight.

  18. #18
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    I took guns to school many times when I was there would ride with them on the bus and the put them in the locker than go over to a friends house for a week end of hunting.

    Always had a shotgun in the truck during hunting season would hunt before and after school.

    I trained and taught active shooter response.

    Times have indeed changed we do need to have firearms training in are schools we do need to stopped the teaching that all guns are bad all the time.

    If a kid was dumb enough to do that kind of action on my school bus some of the older boys most likely would have taken it away from him and broken it. Many of us knew the different between a real gun and pellet gun (a lot harder to tell now days).

    But yes the anti's want us all whimpified they do want us to run in fear at the mere mention of a gun


    We also need to have proper response when there is a creditable threat an hour lock down doesn't seem that unreasonable.

    We also need to have properly trained staff and administrators to help in handling these threats and not just running and hiding.

    I see points on both ends there is a lot of work to do for sure.
    The government wants you to be in fear. That is called control.

    Crime is down. 40 years ago you would not hear about some shooting for weeks or months. And when you did it was on page 10 of the news paper. Today it is instant. Today it is sensationalized and done so to instill fear. In effect, you drank the Kool-aid.

    Quit being manipulated.

    Enough said.....
    Last edited by color of law; 10-08-2015 at 10:12 AM.

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Cincy area, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    885
    Didn't catch all the particulars but in my area a couple days ago there was a school lockdown that was caused by...sheer stupidity and blind panic, the way I see it.

    Mother of a middle school/high school (?) girl was driving by and slowed down to speak to her kid who seemed to among a crowd on the sidewalk. Let's say the daughter's name was Jenny. Well, the daughter wasn't right there, but another girl named Jenny was there and heard the woman in the car say her name. By my understanding the driver wasn't trying to motion anybody to her vehicle or anything like that, just an innocent 'hello' to a kid that must have resembled her own daughter. The wrong Jenny (if you will) didn't know the woman and this caused some kid 9or teacher, maybe) to get on their cellphone and call 911 about STRANGER DANGER.

    So, without trying to sort anything out the police told the school to hit full lockdown mode. Trouble was this must have been before/between classes because there were kids that were outside and never really got rounded up. Somehow (thank those wonderful cell phones every adult and kid has on then fired up and ready at all times) word got to parents about the lockdown and of course they started showing up in their vehicles quickly and en masse. Sounds like if it had been a real emergency, responders wouldn't have been able to get as close as they are supposed to because of that.

    Like in battle, the first casualty of an emergency action response is....Plan A.
    Last edited by Brian D.; 10-08-2015 at 10:16 AM.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Culpeper VA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    The government wants you to be in fear. That is called control.

    Crime is down. 40 years ago you would not hear about some shooting for weeks or months. And when you did it was on page 10 of the news paper. Today it is instant. Today it is sensationalized and done so to instill fear. In effect, you drank the Kool-aid.

    Quit being manipulated.

    Enough said.....
    Ugh, just painful. It's all the government's fault. We're idiots for not wanting kids to have guns in schools.

    We've been brainwashed by media to think kids with guns in school is a bad thing.

    I've also been brainwashed into thinking cigarettes cause cancer, social security is at risk, and it's bad to own slaves.

  21. #21
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    It's not worth it on this board. It's dominated by very very very old people who have no concept of the way the world is today.

    There's no slowly walking them towards the facts or reasoning with them. I've been on this board for 2.5 years and everything is the same here. It's like an old boys Alzheimer's club.

    One of the first defense mechanisms used was how "old and wise they are" but unfortunately that leads to them using ancient reasoning on things. Like how they grew up around guns and it's no big deal that someone had one.

    It doesn't matter what you say, in their minds pop tart guns are the same as an actual gun i if it isn't used.
    this from the member who 2.5 years stated several times on this forum you only CC? ~ hummm?

    got the rasinettes as the show is getting better...

    ipse
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..." (OBE as Grape called melody!!)

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  22. #22
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    --Moderator deleted personal insult--
    you're doing quite well...

    ipse
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-08-2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: deleted quoted material
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..." (OBE as Grape called melody!!)

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    414

  24. #24
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,258
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    --Moderator deleted personal insult--
    that's twice...a new record.

    ipse
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-08-2015 at 11:59 PM. Reason: deleted quoted material
    "He who pays the piper calls the tunes..." (OBE as Grape called melody!!)

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  25. #25
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,450
    Quote Originally Posted by mkatzpp View Post
    It's not worth it on this board. It's dominated by very very very old people who have no concept of the way the world is today.
    Dominated? Please cite numbers by age.

    No idea of how the world is today? Then why are folks (of various values of old) comparing how things "used to be" to "how they are now"? Seems that would require familiarity with both eras.

    There's no slowly walking them towards the facts or reasoning with them. I've been on this board for 2.5 years and everything is the same here. It's like an old boys Alzheimer's club.
    What facts would you like folks walked towards? Please be very specific so the very very very old people do not get confused or lost.

    Reasoning? Is that what you call what you do? What happened to statement of a thesis, presentation of facts both in support and in opposition to the thesis, analysis of the value/weight of the facts, determination of outcome? You know, what they used to call "logic"?

    One of the first defense mechanisms used was how "old and wise they are" but unfortunately that leads to them using ancient reasoning on things. Like how they grew up around guns and it's no big deal that someone had one.
    If nothing else, old provides experience. Yes, older folks know how things used to be, but I covered that above.

    If there is "ancient reasoning" it implies there is "modern reasoning". Please describe the differences between the two.

    Yes, "back in the day" more folks grew up around guns and it was generally no big deal if someone had one. Things are different in a large number of ways; the primary differences seem to be a larger percentage of the population identifying the gun itself as bad, and therefore the person with the gun as bad, and that there seem to be fewer outlets for dealing with a host of emotional issues other than some sort of rampage violence directed in a non-focused way against society as a whole rather than at the specific causes of the perceived emotional distress.

    It doesn't matter what you say, in their minds pop tart guns are the same as an actual gun i if it isn't used.
    Oh! Aha! You are not talking about the very very very old folks that generally frequent OCDO but the hoplophobes mentioned immediately above. Plus those who have a deep and abiding fear that they would be unable to control their behavior and then project that same lack of control onto others.

    Now if you had just said that in the first place ....

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •