Thread: Two shot during Craigslist robbery gone bad

Two shot during Craigslist robbery gone bad

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...art_river_home

A father and son who traveled from Grand Rapids to Battle Creek to look at a car, were forced to defend themselves and the son wounded two of the three attackers with his legally purchased, owned and licensed handgun. From the reports, the son got center mass hits. Good shooting Mr. Vaderwiel.

The two wounded crooks are in custody at the hospital, the third is at large.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Another citizen reducing the crime rate.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

successfully it would seem...kudos!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Police are declining to identify the bad guys, but announcing the names of the gun-owning victims who were forced to shoot them. Anyone else have a problem with that?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

they are now targets for the BG(s) who got away or are kin to those in custody...

the news folk do that around here all the time... regale one quick story of local who shot someone trying to get into their house at 3am through the front door...WRAL showed up at the house, showed the address, showed where the body landed after being shot. that evening an 'AUNT' w/other relatives showed up w/news crew in tow to lament how it was a tragedy as her nephew was such a good boy!!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

The comments on the linked story are making my head hurt...
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

Quote Originally Posted by carolina guy View Post
    The comments on the linked story are making my head hurt...
    absolutely.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Especially that reply to MSG Laigaie's comment.

All lives matter is racist? wtf. Sometimes you just wanna kick collective society in its nads.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

The robbery was 'bad.' In the end it was a 'robbery gone good.'
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    Especially that reply to MSG Laigaie's comment.

All lives matter is racist? wtf. Sometimes you just wanna kick collective society in its nads.
    Liberal logic...
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford