• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Open Carry and Strict Scrutiny bill has been filed

77zach

It passed 7-6. Hopefully it won't have as much trouble in the House Judiciary committee. Still no public plans to get it through the Senate, but we shall see next year.

hammer6

NRA is now saying the Florida Sheriff Association will not officially oppose the open carry bill. This is a great victory, but we'll see what they do behind closed doors.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

that's why i always say i don't support the NRA. the FSA officially opposed it today in the committee hearing.

hammer6

Eric Friday and Marion Hammer exposed their lies. It's scary we have such Nazis in government positions.

eric friday was great. marion hammer lobbied for "accidental exposure" during her rambling comments.

77zach

Now we know what it must be like in Maryland or NJ for the people trying to get concealed carry. They tell them 45 states have shall issue or permitless carry with great results and the idiot tyrants just don't care. They hate freedom, responsibility, and guns.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

77zach

Joe Negroen next President

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/joe-African Americann/

Good news for 2017's session. A few anti gun republicans, led by senator Portilla and tolerated by current senate President Gardiner, are expected to kill open carry and campus carry this year (again) but that could change in 2017 with the presidency going to someone who believes in the right to bear arms. The best part is he beat anti gunner pro police state senator Jack Latvala.

Edit: Apparently the senator's last name is too close to a racial epithet lol. So the title says "Joe African American". lol

Last edited:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/joe-African Americann/

Good news for 2017's session. A few anti gun republicans, led by senator Portilla and tolerated by current senate President Gardiner, are expected to kill open carry and campus carry this year (again) but that could change in 2017 with the presidency going to someone who believes in the right to bear arms. The best part is he beat anti gunner pro police state senator Jack Latvala.

Edit: Apparently the senator's last name is too close to a racial epithet lol. So the title says "Joe African American". lol

Link won't open for me... But, wow, they'll change your name because it might be construed as racist by people who look for any excuse to play the race card?

By the time FL has OC, if it has OC, I'll be too old to lift up a gun... The liars reign supreme here. The facts mean nothing. Common sense means nothing. Rights mean nothing.

The problem with running them out of town on a rail, is that it would require more than one person with brains and brawn enough to lift said rail and carry it. None such exists in this State. The lunatics are running the asylum because majority.

The government of Floriduh is a corrupt disaster because the people of Floriduh are a corrupt disaster. This is what the losers want. They like it this way. It's like they're in some kind of contest to inspire Jerry Spring to come back on the air so they can be a star....

Last edited:

77zach

Fl police chiefs back open carry bill

http://wlrn.org/post/florida-police-chiefs-will-back-revised-open-carry-bill

Hopefully this means enough senators and representatives have realized that indeed open carry is ok and the 45 states that allow it have survived lol. I don't think the police union would support it if there was not a lot of support in the legislature. Still won't believe it til I see it though.

Mas49.56

Hopefully this means enough senators and representatives have realized that indeed open carry is ok and the 45 states that allow it have survived lol. I don't think the police union would support it if there was not a lot of support in the legislature. Still won't believe it til I see it though.

Has any open carrier anywhere ever "take one to the chest" like that scared sheriff is crying about?

Raventai

I read it as the FPCA thinks this bill has a chance (good) and they want to meddle with the language in exchange for thier support (bad)

Thier first ammendment baring threatening with a firearm seams reasonable enough

Thier second and third weaken the 4th amendment protections in this bill, if police behave and are truly investigating when needed not a big deal, but it opens us up to abuse and harassment from certain municipalities that have an anti-gun agenda.

The fourth requires a holster, while I would never carry without a holster I am not sure I want to be required to carry in a holster.

Is thier support worth the cost? Can we get the bill we want without them?

Raventai

Has any open carrier anywhere ever "take one to the chest" like that scared sheriff is crying about?

There was one case, I can't find it on the net but Tom Gresham talks about it, police arrived on scene very nervous and in force, they yelled contradictory commands, some yelling hands in the air, others get on the ground, others drop the weapon. The legal carrier could not comply and in the confusion was fired at by a barrage from police.

That's part of the reason I liked the original wording of this bill, every police contact with an open carrier is a chance for things to go sideways for silly reasons.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There was one case, I can't find it on the net but Tom Gresham talks about it, police arrived on scene very nervous and in force, they yelled contradictory commands, some yelling hands in the air, others get on the ground, others drop the weapon. The legal carrier could not comply and in the confusion was fired at by a barrage from police.

That's part of the reason I liked the original wording of this bill, every police contact with an open carrier is a chance for things to go sideways for silly reasons.

In this case, I think the good sheriff is talking about preemptively taking someone out - not a response gone bad. There have been a number of the latter, but going into that in detail here would take the thread too far OT.

Raventai

In this case, I think the good sheriff is talking about preemptively taking someone out - not a response gone bad. There have been a number of the latter, but going into that in detail here would take the thread too far OT.

On first read I thought his quote was to say the bank robber would take out the open carrier, after reading again that could be a veiled threat that Pinellas Co sheriff officer would shoot law abiding citizens. Chilling,

I grew up in st. Pete, it was a lovely place, I recently returned, 2011/12, the place has changed in many ways, the police state is in full effect.