• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Alarmed, with good reason! Senator Green's Senate Bill 442 criminalizes Open Carry

Michigander

1245, mcrgo was founded by grassroots activists who got shall issue passed. Collectivists then took hold, people got pissed, and mgo happened. We started moc actually after that, when interestingly mcrgo hadalready bashed open carry so we knew we were on our own. Then of course in 2012 when moc was temporarily in bed with Mike Green and mcrgo for an oc ban with much drama, that was when myself and others more or less kind of ran out of uses for moc and set out to rebuild a new activism effort immune to the old problems we now have perfect hindsight on. :)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

This thread is written in the Michigan sub forum,
about Machigan,
for michigan!!

but you just keep poking your unknowing nose into their business..
For shame and not a little bit insulting. That surprises me.

Apparently, it is your opinion that only some people should be able to post and understand what is going on here.

BTW - all of OCDO is my business and all of OCDO is available to all member/users.

Patience with others and cordiality (not insulting them) would be a good thing.

OC4me

As the OP, the point of this thread was to rally everyone to CALL and EMAIL Senator Green's office. Please do so, thank you all!

Be polite and courteous but firm ;-)

Suggest that a clean bill simply repealing PFZs would be better than the convoluted mess that SB 442 is. Honestly, I don't know why politicians can't sponsor clean bills. A simple "PFZs are hereby repealed" is all it takes. SB 442 doesn't actually repeal PFZs at all, but simply adds an exemption for enhanced CPL holders while criminalizing open carry which is now perfectly legal.

Last edited:

fozzy71

As the OP, the point of this thread was to rally everyone to CALL and EMAIL Senator Green's office. Please do so, thank you all!

Be polite and courteous but firm ;-)

Suggest that a clean bill simply repealing PFZs would be better than the convoluted mess that SB 442 is. Honestly, I don't know why politicians can't sponsor clean bills. A simple "PFZs are hereby repealed" is all it takes. SB 442 doesn't actually repeal PFZs at all, but simply adds an exemption for enhanced CPL holders while criminalizing open carry which is now perfectly legal.

clap.gif

xmanhockey7

442 in its current form is poorly written. MCRGO is saying there will be improvements made to it. I'm anxious to see the changes. I think it can still be a good bill, but not in current form.

fozzy71

^here are your 'improvements' :cuss:

from moc/mgo FB feed.......

Michigan Open Carry, Inc
44 mins ·
*** URGENT UPDATE - SB 442 Just Got Way Worse ***
Senator Meekhof introduced SB 561 this morning as a companion to Senator Green's SB 442. The changes will move the Open Carry ban from 28.425o to a requirement that the pistol be concealed in order to receive the exemption in 750.234d.
This is done with NO protection for accidental display or printing.
More importantly and egregiously if you mess up, even accidentally, the punishment will be a 90 DAY MISDEMEANOR that comes with a 8 YEAR DISQUALIFICATION from having a CPL.
Saying goodbye to your CPL for 8 years for a simple mistake is not "pro-gun".

Last edited:

solus

wow...ruffled feathers and rankled egos abound as all the protectors of MI's 2A efforts are showing up for the fracas on OCDO...nice...

ipse