Thread: Threats against universities goes global

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Threats against universities goes global

The University of New South Wales (NSW) in Sydney warned that police are responding to a shooting threat published on the popular 4chan image board. The warning is similar to the one posted before the recent mass shooting in the state of Oregon in the US.

“We are treating this incident seriously and have been liaising with the NSW Police through the anti-terrorism and security group and Local Area Command,” said a university statement posted on Facebook.

Online threats against university campuses have surged on a global scale following the recent violence in Oregon. Sweden’s Lund University canceled classes scheduled for Monday afternoon, October 12 after a “serious” online threat was discovered on Sunday afternoon.

University administrators said that an anonymous “threat on Sunday leveled against the university and its students” was found in a campus app and police considered it “very serious.”

https://www.rt.com/news/318337-austr...-threat-4chan/

Also cross posted in Australia sub-forum:
    New shooting threat sends Australian university campus on high alert
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 10-12-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

No way...check the Onion...guns were banned, then confiscated Down Under.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Like US DHS continually protecting US from threatened terrorist attack, and patting themselves on the back for a job well done. Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray.Hip hip hooray.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    unless i missed the sarcasm symbol...
    A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria. As of 2015 about 815,000 people had a gun licence in Australia and there were around 3.5 to 5.5 million Registered Firearms in Australia. Most people own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, security work, and target shooting. unquote https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

if i did miss the symbol...my heartfelt apologies ~ completely out of character for me, but tendered!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    --snipped--
    if i did miss the symbol...my heartfelt apologies ~ completely out of character for me, but tendered!
    We demand the immediate release of Solus.

Register your own account if you wish to post here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

This is obviously a total fabrication. Our president has assured us that this only happens in the US, not in any other developed nation.

/sarc

http://wric.com/2015/10/12/radford-u...-media-threat/

“Tonight is the night that Radford is going to be on the news just watch. Thank you everyone.”
    And they were.

Nothing else happened, except someone powned the school and the cops.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

*sigh* what some kids would do just to get out of a class or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    unless i missed the sarcasm symbol...
    A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria. As of 2015 about 815,000 people had a gun licence in Australia and there were around 3.5 to 5.5 million Registered Firearms in Australia. Most people own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, security work, and target shooting. unquote https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Australia

ipse
    Reference to the Onion.

http://www.loc.gov/law/help/firearms.../australia.php

http://www.sweden.org.za/gun-laws-in-sweden.html

Anywho, Australia is not a place that respects individual liberty, else the "gun buyback" would not have happened in the first instance. Letting you keep your .38 pistol...thanks...better than nothing I guess.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by blahpony View Post
    This is obviously a total fabrication. Our president has assured us that this only happens in the US, not in any other developed nation.

/sarc
    Yeah and we all know everything the president says about these matters is 100% accurate. /sarcasm

I am sure that the NRA, and American gun owners are to blame.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

could be BOOOSCHEZ fault too!