Thread: Connecticut harrasses Espresso Cafe Hero, he killed the bad guy.

Connecticut harrasses Espresso Cafe Hero, he killed the bad guy.

http://bearingarms.com/gun-owner-inv...paign=baupdate

Witnesses told police that the would-be robber had come into the cafe wielding a gun and tried to steal from the business and the customers, police said.

However, a patron carrying a legally registered handgun confronted the suspect and fired his gun at least once, fatally shooting the man.
    What I do not understand though is how someone allowed their guns be registered in the first place.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Just thinkin' outside the box here but,..... maybe because not registering one's firearms is illegal (where required to be registered) and would make one a criminal?
    It's been my experience that most societies tend to frown on criminals and most citizens prefer not to be one.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    http://bearingarms.com/gun-owner-inv...paign=baupdate

What I do not understand though is how someone allowed their guns be registered in the first place.
    http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/citizens-...register-guns/

Post Sandy Hook reaction in CT.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Here in Michigan, they put up with it in the 1920s because blacks were coming up from the deep south to get jobs in Detroit factories.
    And we can't be proper racist piles of feces if we let African Americanes buy handguns, now, can we?
    So, by the time I was born, the whole police state system of needing written permission from the cops before you could buy a handgun had been around for about 40 years already. And the racist ***** in Lansing still resist any efforts at getting rid of registration.

When I was younger, I really wanted a 12" stainless bull barrel Ruger MKII that a local dealer was selling for $219, but I didn't want it bad enough to go to the sheriff's department and beg them for permission, let alone being forced to register the gun to my name by serial number. Same went for buying any gun new from a dealer on a 4473, I just didn't do it. Used guns and muzzleloaders were good enough for me.

30 years later, I decided I didn't really care what government lists I was on. I'm old enough and cranky enough to miss my freedom more than I'd miss the remaining years of my life. If being on a government list of law abiding handgun permit holders results in some pissant government lackey giving me grief over it some time in the distant future, I'm willing and able to kill said lackey. After decades of carefully flying under the radar so as not to risk tyrannical government attention directed my way, it was a very liberating decision to just say I'll live my life, they can live theirs. If they won't let me live my life, I don't have to let them live theirs.
    Last edited by taxman; 10-21-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I don't know much about CT. gun law, but all I can find is you must register a large capacity magazines, mags holding more than 10 rounds.

I can't find a law that requires you to register your firearm.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by taxman View Post
    Here in Michigan, they put up with it in the 1920s because blacks were coming up from the deep south to get jobs in Detroit factories.
    And we can't be proper racist piles of feces if we let African Americanes buy handguns, now, can we?
    So, by the time I was born, the whole police state system of needing written permission from the cops before you could buy a handgun had been around for about 40 years already. And the racist ***** in Lansing still resist any efforts at getting rid of registration.

When I was younger, I really wanted a 12" stainless bull barrel Ruger MKII that a local dealer was selling for $219, but I didn't want it bad enough to go to the sheriff's department and beg them for permission, let alone being forced to register the gun to my name by serial number. Same went for buying any gun new from a dealer on a 4473, I just didn't do it. Used guns and muzzleloaders were good enough for me.

30 years later, I decided I didn't really care what government lists I was on. I'm old enough and cranky enough to miss my freedom more than I'd miss the remaining years of my life. If being on a government list of law abiding handgun permit holders results in some pissant government lackey giving me grief over it some time in the distant future, I'm willing and able to kill said lackey. After decades of carefully flying under the radar so as not to risk tyrannical government attention directed my way, it was a very liberating decision to just say I'll live my life, they can live theirs. If they won't let me live my life, I don't have to let them live theirs.
    In other words, you are willing to die for your rights/freedoms?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    In other words, you are willing to die for your rights/freedoms?
    Even better, it sounds like he's willing for them to die for his freedoms.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.