• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Connecticut harrasses Espresso Cafe Hero, he killed the bad guy.

Freedom1Man

Fallschirjmäger

Just thinkin' outside the box here but,..... maybe because not registering one's firearms is illegal (where required to be registered) and would make one a criminal?
It's been my experience that most societies tend to frown on criminals and most citizens prefer not to be one.

taxman

Banned
What I do not understand though is how someone allowed their guns be registered in the first place.

Here in Michigan, they put up with it in the 1920s because blacks were coming up from the deep south to get jobs in Detroit factories.
And we can't be proper racist piles of feces if we let African Americanes buy handguns, now, can we?
So, by the time I was born, the whole police state system of needing written permission from the cops before you could buy a handgun had been around for about 40 years already. And the racist ***** in Lansing still resist any efforts at getting rid of registration.

When I was younger, I really wanted a 12" stainless bull barrel Ruger MKII that a local dealer was selling for $219, but I didn't want it bad enough to go to the sheriff's department and beg them for permission, let alone being forced to register the gun to my name by serial number. Same went for buying any gun new from a dealer on a 4473, I just didn't do it. Used guns and muzzleloaders were good enough for me.

30 years later, I decided I didn't really care what government lists I was on. I'm old enough and cranky enough to miss my freedom more than I'd miss the remaining years of my life. If being on a government list of law abiding handgun permit holders results in some pissant government lackey giving me grief over it some time in the distant future, I'm willing and able to kill said lackey. After decades of carefully flying under the radar so as not to risk tyrannical government attention directed my way, it was a very liberating decision to just say I'll live my life, they can live theirs. If they won't let me live my life, I don't have to let them live theirs.

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I don't know much about CT. gun law, but all I can find is you must register a large capacity magazines, mags holding more than 10 rounds.

I can't find a law that requires you to register your firearm.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Here in Michigan, they put up with it in the 1920s because blacks were coming up from the deep south to get jobs in Detroit factories.
And we can't be proper racist piles of feces if we let African Americanes buy handguns, now, can we?
So, by the time I was born, the whole police state system of needing written permission from the cops before you could buy a handgun had been around for about 40 years already. And the racist ***** in Lansing still resist any efforts at getting rid of registration.

When I was younger, I really wanted a 12" stainless bull barrel Ruger MKII that a local dealer was selling for $219, but I didn't want it bad enough to go to the sheriff's department and beg them for permission, let alone being forced to register the gun to my name by serial number. Same went for buying any gun new from a dealer on a 4473, I just didn't do it. Used guns and muzzleloaders were good enough for me.

30 years later, I decided I didn't really care what government lists I was on. I'm old enough and cranky enough to miss my freedom more than I'd miss the remaining years of my life. If being on a government list of law abiding handgun permit holders results in some pissant government lackey giving me grief over it some time in the distant future, I'm willing and able to kill said lackey. After decades of carefully flying under the radar so as not to risk tyrannical government attention directed my way, it was a very liberating decision to just say I'll live my life, they can live theirs. If they won't let me live my life, I don't have to let them live theirs.
In other words, you are willing to die for your rights/freedoms?