• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC 12 panel discussion on gun control - Oct. 21 at 730pm

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
I have been asked to participate in a panel discussion on gun control, hosted by NBC Channel 12 in Richmond. The event will be held on Wednesday, October 21 and should be live streamed on the NBC 12 website. More details to follow...Please feel free to share with others who may be interested.

DeSchaine

I'd say good luck, but I know you're going to be inundated with anti's that like to live in fantasy land. My advice, take some Advil or something with you for when the headache hits.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Also, please take the survey ahead of the panel discussion

http://www.nbc12.com/category/300125/rva-dialogue?clienttype=generic (look for the link to the survey)

http://www.logicdepot.com/surveys/run/start.cfm?skey=9678J-YFSMK (direct link to survey)

Read the survey questions carefully. Remember, things like buying guns over the internet is already legal, carry in church is already legal, active duty military and CHP holders are not the only ones who should be allowed to carry.

Use the comments areas to our advantage by such things as remarking that "assault weapons" are just things that "look scary" to some folks.

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I have been asked to participate in a panel discussion on gun control, hosted by NBC Channel 12 in Richmond. The event will be held on Wednesday, October 21 and should be live streamed on the NBC 12 website. More details to follow...Please feel free to share with others who may be interested.

Jim,

I know you have been through this before but I'd really like to see you a little less polite and interrupt the other panel members when they spout untruths or put up false arguments.

As examples I'm pretty sure they are going to have something about buying guns over the internet, which is currently fully legal. The gun control gang wants people to think the gun is going to be delivered to your door by FedEx/UPS instead of acknowledging that the transfer must go through a FFL who conducts a background check. They are also very likely to make it sound like concealed carry is the only "acceptable" way to carry.

stay safe.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Jim,

I know you have been through this before but I'd really like to see you a little less polite and interrupt the other panel members when they spout untruths or put up false arguments.

As examples I'm pretty sure they are going to have something about buying guns over the internet, which is currently fully legal. The gun control gang wants people to think the gun is going to be delivered to your door by FedEx/UPS instead of acknowledging that the transfer must go through a FFL who conducts a background check. They are also very likely to make it sound like concealed carry is the only "acceptable" way to carry.

stay safe.

I will do my best.

solus

now the question everyone is afraid to ask...you going to OC?

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Looking forward to this.

Somewhat agree with Skid that a take no prisoners approach might be very timely and effective. They will misstate and twist facts at every opportunity.

Have no doubt but that you will do well in any event.

OC for ME

Or...a "pushy" gun nut is what the panel/moderator(s) are looking/hoping for. Calm, polite, yet passionate. A difficult task it will be, or it will be a breeze. I'll be following via the Webernets. Good luck.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Or...a "pushy" gun nut is what the panel/moderator(s) are looking/hoping for. Calm, polite, yet passionate. A difficult task it will be, or it will be a breeze. I'll be following via the Webernets. Good luck.

Pros hooter is very articulate, calm under fire, professional and hard to fluster. I can't think of a better choice.

OC for ME

Good to know. Please inform all that you will be audio recording the entire event, from first meeting the crowd before the filming starts until you walk out the door.

When the news folks know that the entire interaction is being recorded it more difficult to claim "edited for time" when only one perspective, theirs, is aired.

Again, good luck.

solus

Good to know. Please inform all that you will be audio recording the entire event, from first meeting the crowd before the filming starts until you walk out the door.

When the news folks know that the entire interaction is being recorded it more difficult to claim "edited for time" when only one perspective, theirs, is aired.

Again, good luck.

oh, nice touch, well played OC4ME, very well played...

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Again, good luck.
Virginia is a one party consent state. :)

If I were having such a meeting, it would be recorded or I wouldn't agree to be there.

IMHO - no matter the slant of the moderator of the "debate," I think it is good for us. Free publicity/education for the masses and people are just not drinking the Kool-Aid so willingly.

Yes, ProShooter is very well versed and thinks well on his feet.

The Truth

Virginia is a one party consent state. :)

If I were having such a meeting, it would be recorded or I wouldn't agree to be there.

I was going to say... pretty sure there is no expectation of privacy on a television broadcast.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was going to say... pretty sure there is no expectation of privacy on a television broadcast.
I think that when it is actually televised, the content becomes available subject to copyright laws.

Prior to broadcasting, their house, their rules + they may well have an expectation of privacy in their studios - not unlike a private office.

Were they filming/recording on the street, it would be a different matter.

None of my comments on this should be construed to be a conclusion - just tossing out things.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Jim,

stay safe.

Or politely have some signal you use when someone mis-states facts (or lies) A raised yellow card/red card; "you lie" written on a piece of paper (well, okay, probably not that); you get the idea.