• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NBC 12 panel discussion on gun control - Oct. 21 at 730pm

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
GUNZ is bad, mkay?

vs

Instead of controlling the law-abiding how can you control violence?

Except the issue of controlling violence never came up. The closest they got to it was Phil/ProShooter talking about self defense against those who are violent.

Lori wants us to wait for the cops, who have hundreds of hours a year of training in using guns, to show up. Does she not know that if cops devoted 2 1/2 weeks a year just to gun training, and then attended all the other training they are supposed to have, they would be off the streets for 2 months - not counting their vacations, court days, sick days, etc.? Is she willing to pay for an increase of minimally 33% in the size of the police force?

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"Let's get gun restraining orders against all the people who are having some sort of metal crisis/anger issue."

Gee - how come we can't get those folks hooked into the mental health system? You know, having their family/friends/coworkers go to a magistrate and fill out a warrant for them to be involuntarily examined to see if they need to be committed as a danger to themself or others?

Or is because it is about GUNZ everything will fall into place?

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Maybe the best comment was from the guy from Violence Prevention -

I'm not going to hand my 14-year old son a box of condoms and say I don't approve of what you may do but if you do it make sure you are safe. No. I'm not going to talk to him about it at all because then he might decide to go out and do it.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

stay safe.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Does anybody make sugar/carbohydrate free booze? I need a drink but I don't need to let the diabeetus kill me.

stay safe.

Liberty-or-Death

She's hell bent on 'feeling' like she's doing something good to protect people because she needs to assuage her personal guilt over being unable to protect her daughter, whom she did not lose to a criminal with a gun.

In other words, she's a typical liberal progressive.

DeSchaine

I only watched up to the point where that..... woman.... ignored/bypassed any and all arguments about the lack of due process in the TRO/PPO field. I killed the page after that because you can't win an argument with pure, concentrated, physical stupidity.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Jim and Phil did a great job. Lori, even though she tried to sound reasonable, came across as wild eyed and hysterical.
Good job guys!

HPmatt

HPmatt

After watching the bulk of the discussion, the Newsguy should have been sitting in one of the chairs talking to the anti-gun lady. Everyone else got to say a few things around the edges. Not a huge amount of time to refute 'background check to get a puppy' or 'regulate baby dolls' - neither of which have a Bill of Rights for them in our Constitution. Format seemed to be free-floating and really didn't come to any conclusions or get definitive answers that most mass killings were in GFZs, and gun control in IL didn't stop shootem dead every weekend between drug dealers.

WalkingWolf

She made a lot of claims without no citations to back them up. One panelist that I thought was going to be anti was not so anti. Must have been frustrating for her.