Thread: Students Taking Over Protection S.T.0.P. Oath Keepers college chapters training prog.

Students Taking Over Protection S.T.0.P. Oath Keepers college chapters training prog.

In wake of College shooting, Oath Keepers to Form College Chapters and Train Students to Fight Back.
    Stewart Rhodes and Jason Van Tatenhove, Reporting from Roseburg, Oregon

In the wake of Umpqua Community College shooting, Oath Keepers to form college student groups on college campuses across the U.S. (starting here in Oregon) to teach the students to fight back. As part of its new S.T.O.P (Students Taking Over Protection) program, Oath Keepers military, police, and first-responder instructors will teach the students to fight back with empty hands, improvised weapons, knives, and firearms, and will teach them effective combat mindset and awareness techniques and strategies so the students can be their own “first-responders” and take out an active shooter.
    [ ... ]
    http://oathkeepers.org/oktester/in-w...to-fight-back/

‘Oath Keepers’ to form college chapters to stop students from ‘cooperating in their own murders’
    The school chapters will be set up as part of the Oath Keepers’ S.T.O.P. (Students Taking Over Protection Program), according to the statement.

“Oath Keepers military, police and first-responder instructors will teach the students to fight back with empty hands, improvised weapons, knives, and firearms, and will teach them effective combat mindset and awareness techniques and strategies so the students can be their own “first-responders” and take out an active shooter,” the statement reads.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...op-students-c/

Compare to University of Wisconsin's Wait, Hide, Run
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...plans-Run-hide!
    Last edited by Nightmare; 10-14-2015 at 10:28 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Do any of you remember the saying about the "progressives"?

The liberals/progressives think a woman lying dead and strangled with her own garments is morally superior to one who used a firearm to protect herself."/

This is the mindset of far too many of our colleges and it has been passed down to our public school administrators and teachers.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Just who are these "Oath Keepers military, police, and first-responder instructors"? What education, training, experience and credentials do they have as "instructors"?

I am all for indoctrinating students with the mindset to fight back, and to get ideas of what improvised weapons might be available in the classroom and how they might be used. But "train" them? Will they be using Red Suits? Will the "active shooters" be using simunitions/pellet guns/paintball guns? How do they plan to educate the students about how to reduce the chances that they will cut one of their fellow students with the ubiquitous folding knife clipped in their pants pocket?

This sounds like a good idea but has all the earmarks of Doing SomethingTM.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Anyone know of any other university chapters being started? Specifically in the AZ region?

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Do any of you remember the saying about the "progressives"?

The liberals/progressives think a woman lying dead and strangled with her own garments is morally superior to one who used a firearm to protect herself."/

This is the mindset of far too many of our colleges and it has been passed down to our public school administrators and teachers.
    Found it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gun control dark alley meme.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	12807

Sorry for the deleted post. Accidentally attached the anime meme I found. Deleted that post and tried again.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 10-14-2015 at 06:33 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    Anyone know of any other university chapters being started? Specifically in the AZ region?

Why wait for Oath Keepers to show up and Do SomethingTM.

Unless you are thinking of a multi-session training program with appropriate equipment/props you are probably as qualified as anyone to talk about the notion of self defense and indoctrinate that mindset.

If you can't get a student organization to sponsor the event(s) and use university space think about using a meeting room in a public building - they are often free as long as you fit into the schedule.

Go get 'em, Tiger!

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Just who are these "Oath Keepers military, police, and first-responder instructors"? What education, training, experience and credentials do they have as "instructors"?

I am all for indoctrinating students with the mindset to fight back, and to get ideas of what improvised weapons might be available in the classroom and how they might be used. But "train" them? Will they be using Red Suits? Will the "active shooters" be using simunitions/pellet guns/paintball guns? How do they plan to educate the students about how to reduce the chances that they will cut one of their fellow students with the ubiquitous folding knife clipped in their pants pocket?

This sounds like a good idea but has all the earmarks of Doing SomethingTM.

stay safe.
    Telephone, cellphone, Google, call them up and ask them. Heck they might even have a Facebook paged and a Twitter account. Lacking any further efforts on your part how about waiting to see what comes of their efforts, if anything.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare