• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at library?

solus

the mentality expressed by Vegassteve in his latest post's paragraph # 3 is why any push for a consistent, across this country, application of 2A is hodgepodge at best and why the bloomberg's national group is succeeding.

as i have stated out here numerous times...individual state's grass roots entities, some states have multiple, will not and cannot succeed or maybe with a singular state entity might possibly experience marginal and extremely limited success on their push. this is because of the mentality expressed by vega of 'we have to reinvent our approach cuz what do the outsiders know about our 'unique' situation?'

btw there are a couple of state entities doing well, AZ being one of them!!

first, you (meaning those in charge of the state level entities) folks (those belonging to the entities holding their leaders accountable) do not know nor do not even have a game plan of what you want let alone what outcome you are seeking...and please spare me the 'we want 2A' rhetoric ~ concrete, written down, unemotionally expressed, non-subjective, quantifiable objectives w/measurable results.

second how you going to finance it?

third how you going to implement your plan?

quietly celebrate your victory.

while there are grumblings, nobody has stepped up and disassociated themselves from the national gun organizations who are not your friends!!

bloomberg knows each state on their own is incapable of reaching any type of national consensus on firearms and as such keeps his group(s) nit picking in ALL the states stirring up enough emotionalism to spin the locals carrying the flag to spin their wheels essentially doing nothing cuz there is clear objective nor is their a clear unemotionally conceived PLAN!

MI apparently is an excellent example...three or more groups are fighting amongst themselves right now as evidenced by the posts on just this venue, on what to do.

FL's GR group wants money because those in organizationally in charge have blatantly reached and accepted the conclusion to push their legislature to give them OC with a privilege card.

NC's GR group a year or so ago, openly expressed they are only for those 'sane, sober, & law-abidin', citizens to CC. oh and Class III provisions to pursue with the our legislation.

i shan't even discuss TX's grassroots multiple organizational LGOC fiasco to finally get OC... by the hair on their chinny chin chin ~ attached to their state's profit center privilege card. i shall refrain to the conversation still remaining where the nice LE have (will) be stopping lone star citizens OC's to assure the citizen's papers are in order.

now those who's feelings are hurt cuz they feel their efforts are for naught and as they turn into joining the other naysayers are rolling out ~ let me point out ladies and gentleman, case in point there is one group who has gone against the strongest opposition known on this planet, stronger even than bloomberg's panty group, as well as successfully challenged and changed state level as well as national laws as they succeeded in reaching their national goals quietly over the last 20 years. nationally, they bit on the beast a bite at a time until it was eliminated, defeating the state by state establishment to implement their nationally devised plan. they stepped out within the last three with the greatest goal which they succeeded when the nation's highest court ruled in their favor.

keep up with the 'squirrel type inconsequential distractions' coupled with the bloody organizational infighting at your local level(s) and continue ignoring the methodology someone used to at least get the establishment's attention resulting on their being on the defence.

unfortunately, i do not need a crystal ball to foresee the outcome of your efforts...

ipse.

Last edited:

The Big Guy

the mentality expressed by Vegassteve in his latest post's paragraph # 3 is why any push for a consistent, across this country, application of 2A is hodgepodge at best and why the bloomberg's national group is succeeding.

as i have stated out here numerous times...individual state's grass roots entities, some states have multiple, will not and cannot succeed or maybe with a singular state entity might possibly experience marginal and extremely limited success on their push. this is because of the mentality expressed by vega of 'we have to reinvent our approach cuz what do the outsiders know about our 'unique' situation?'

btw there are a couple of state entities doing well, AZ being one of them!!

first, you (meaning those in charge of the state level entities) folks (those belonging to the entities holding their leaders accountable) do not know nor do not even have a game plan of what you want let alone what outcome you are seeking...and please spare me the 'we want 2A' rhetoric ~ concrete, written down, unemotionally expressed, non-subjective, quantifiable objectives w/measurable results.

second how you going to finance it?

third how you going to implement your plan?

quietly celebrate your victory.

while there are grumblings, nobody has stepped up and disassociated themselves from the national gun organizations who are not your friends!!

bloomberg knows each state on their own is incapable of reaching any type of national consensus on firearms and as such keeps his group(s) nit picking in ALL the states stirring up enough emotionalism to spin the locals carrying the flag to spin their wheels essentially doing nothing cuz there is clear objective nor is their a clear unemotionally conceived PLAN!

MI apparently is an excellent example...three or more groups are fighting amongst themselves right now as evidenced by the posts on just this venue, on what to do.

FL's GR group wants money because those in organizationally in charge have blatantly reached and accepted the conclusion to push their legislature to give them OC with a privilege card.

NC's GR group a year or so ago, openly expressed they are only for those 'sane, sober, & law-abidin', citizens to CC. oh and Class III provisions to pursue with the our legislation.

i shan't even discuss TX's grassroots multiple organizational LGOC fiasco to finally get OC... by the hair on their chinny chin chin ~ attached to their state's profit center privilege card. i shall refrain to the conversation still remaining where the nice LE have (will) be stopping lone star citizens OC's to assure the citizen's papers are in order.

now those who's feelings are hurt cuz they feel their efforts are for naught and as they turn into joining the other naysayers are rolling out ~ let me point out ladies and gentleman, case in point there is one group who has gone against the strongest opposition known on this planet, stronger even than bloomberg's panty group, as well as successfully challenged and changed state level as well as national laws as they succeeded in reaching their national goals quietly over the last 20 years.
nationally, they bit on the beast a bite at a time until it was eliminated, defeating the state by state establishment to implement their nationally devised plan. they stepped out within the last three with the greatest goal which they succeeded when the nation's highest court ruled in their favor.

keep up with the 'squirrel type inconsequential distractions' coupled with the bloody organizational infighting at your local level(s) and continue ignoring the methodology someone used to at least get the establishment's attention resulting on their being on the defence.

unfortunately, i do not need a crystal ball to foresee the outcome of your efforts...

ipse.

Part of having the ability to win the fight is to be able to properly communitcate. I'm not trying to be mean here, as I sometimes make grammatical errors, but I quite simply could not get a handle on what you're trying to say because of your poor structure, lack of capitalization, and run on sentences. For instance if I counted correctly, the item highlighted is an 85 word run on sentence. It wore me out trying to read it. I for one would take your opinions seriously if it wasn't so tedious trying to read it. I'm sure you do have some valid ideas but at this point I don't know what they are.

TBG

Last edited by a moderator:

garand_guy

Okay, let's not get this thread derailed. Back to the when, where, why and how of dealing with the library district. My angle:

1. Blog article on Monday on what happened.
2. Emails for comment and basically WTF? to the library people.
3. Getting a group together to go.

As for the library, we need to find one or several people willing to a test case, if necessary. I'm happy to cover it for the blog and I have a photographer friend willing to participate. I say weekend because we can get more people there (we're not the Mommies who can pay people to come out during the week) and as was pointed out above, having an administrator getting a phone call on the weekend will probably get some attention.

We don't need permission to do this so, after careful review of the points other states' members have made, I don't think we need to send any sort of formal notice. Several of us have emailed them in June when preemption when into effect. They know. Secondly, I will email them myself today as part of my activist-journalism, so there's that. TBG has a good point about having business there. I need a library card for the county district.

So let's get to the action part on this.

How is this going to probably play out? I'm betting on interesting confrontation and later a reluctant admission from library admin that OC is legal and a memo to staff to knock it off.

Now, anyone in Carson City willing/able to write a letter to their library about their rules?

Vegassteve

Happy to go on the weekend. If its before noon because of my work. I posted wed and thurs because that is my days off. On a weekend I will backup in whatever way is needed.
My email as you know went out in June and emails since have been ignored by this person Mario Aguilar.

As to the libraries up north, I think all of the folks up there have said it has been a non issue. Verification would help though as you said.

I think as well that it would play out as you said.

Vegassteve

Sheesh. Another parochial mind. :banghead:

No. I recognize that our laws are different than the other states. And those who keep saying we must do things like they did in that state dont equate here. They have proven that point already in the posts they think are so helpful. If this was a Federal issue I would welcome help from others in different places. We have a very specific issue here in NV going against a very specific law that we enacted.

solus

Part of having the ability to win the fight is to be able to properly communitcate. I'm not trying to be mean here, as I sometimes make grammatical errors, but I quite simply could not get a handle on what you're trying to say because of your poor structure, lack of capitalization, and run on sentences. For instance if I counted correctly, the item highlighted is an 85 word run on sentence. It wore me out trying to read it. I for one would take your opinions seriously if it wasn't so tedious trying to read it. I'm sure you do have some valid ideas but at this point I don't know what they are.

TBG

educators have found readers that do not comprehend or understand the message being sent, have decoding issues or short term memory issues causing the individual reader to fail to be able to assemble and infer a complex meaning being communicated.

as such, readers focus on insignificant issues such as sentence structure, grammar, etc., especially since the reader has gotten lost decoding the message.

once that reading component is in disarray, the reader can't or fails to mentally process or assemble the message information being communicated.

this leads the reader to be unable to assemble or infer any meaning from the message.

this occurs from a learned behaviour activity and it allows the reader the opportunity to, from their perspective, to blatantly disregard the message as not viable.

oh and you might be right on those points you mentioned, e.g., sentence structure, grammar which caused you to experience difficulty understanding my message...

ipse

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
3 things...

...3. We have plenty of good minds here without all these yahoos from other states chiming in...

Sheesh. Another parochial mind. :banghead:

No. I recognize that our laws are different than the other states. And those who keep saying we must do things like they did in that state dont equate here. They have proven that point already in the posts they think are so helpful. If this was a Federal issue I would welcome help from others in different places. We have a very specific issue here in NV going against a very specific law that we enacted.
So, rather than spell things out (applicable or not), you found it necessary to refer to out-of-staters who offered their input as "yahoos".

How parochial.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
educators have found readers that do not comprehend or understand the message being sent, have decoding issues or short term memory issues causing the individual reader to fail to be able to assemble and infer a complex meaning being communicated.

as such, readers focus on insignificant issues such as sentence structure, grammar, etc., especially since the reader has gotten lost decoding the message.

once that reading component is in disarray, the reader can't or fails to mentally process or assemble the message information being communicated.

this leads the reader to be unable to assemble or infer any meaning from the message.

this occurs from a learned behaviour activity and it allows the reader the opportunity to, from their perspective, to blatantly disregard the message as not viable.

oh and you might be right on those points you mentioned, e.g., sentence structure, grammar which caused you to experience difficulty understanding my message...

ipse
The man has a point, solus.

Why you feel it necessary to speak in ways other than plainly, I simply don't understand. Points are not awarded for rhyme, rhythm, verse or riddles.

garand_guy

I'm not a mod, but drop the personal stuff everybody! Let it go and move on. Focus on the issue at hand.

solus

The man has a point, solus.

Why you feel it necessary to speak in ways other than plainly, I simply don't understand. Points are not awarded for rhyme, rhythm, verse or riddles.

BB62, my writing style is not new nor unique and i appropriately acknowledged and apologized for my grammar, run on sentences, etc., which led to readers not understanding my post?

shall i rewrite my original post or rephrase the concept and just blatantly say: bloomberg, et al., is and shall win his nationally mandated campaign due mainly from the antics of the grassroots entities who are selfishly focusing on their own emotionally locally generated agendas and when their plans fail, these leaders state...well it wasn't our fault but everyone else ~ politicians, NRA ILA, etc.

and not to be mean...when the out of state 'yahoos' offer an iota of assistance from another approach based on real or perceived practical experience...it is summarily dismissed since violates their perception of how they have approached this slightly different event in the past ~ often times unsuccessfully!

hopefully, the sentence structure and grammar make this succulent enough to allow for adequate reading comprehension.

ipse

and i now find it interesting the post is being read, commented to, and some, apparently understood the message.

SW40VE-OC

I have been in a couple of different branches up here, "up north", recently. I can verify, via verbal response from a branch manager/ facility director, that OC is a non issue for Washoe County libraries. If you desire a written response, certainly look into taking appropriate actions to write Carson City about preemption.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

solus

I'm not a mod, but drop the personal stuff everybody! Let it go and move on. Focus on the issue at hand.

good point garand...
what objective(s) are you are striving to achieve?

what are your resources needed to meet those objective's goal(s)?

finally what is going to be your measurable result to show you have been successful in meeting your objective(s)?

minimally, have these been put into a plan and communicated to those who are assisting you in reaching your goal(s).

so Vaga, big guy, 28K how you going to assist garand once the plan is developed?

garand, does this out of stater yahoo have to come out and be part of your implementation of your plan or do you believe you have enough warm bodies to pull it off to reach your goal(s)? if i am needed, please allow me a minimum of three weeks heads up to close things down here and i'll be on my way as i drive over...

ipse

garand_guy

Alright, so let's do this. Schedule will be TBD depending on actual participants. I don't see the need for a large crowd or anything. I've stated my preference to be a Saturday so I can make it.

We need the 'test case' the participants willing to open carry. Rather than a large group, let's pick one or two people to do their thing. Just normal people using the library.

I can cover neutral reporter angle and I have the photog friend who can come along.

Would need another unarmed observer or two to standby with cameras and discretely record. Cameras will come out if police arrive and especially if there is an arrest or trespassing.

Second, let's start hitting them with letters, calls, and emails. Make them go to counsel and see that either we're right or they have to try and argue their BS regulations in court. Let them fight and lose the PR war. Pressure has worked with a lot of places here, we can do it again.

Vegassteve

Name the time. I have all sorts of ways to record audio and video. I have already emailed multiple times with no more responses but will redo them how ever you think best. Sounds like a plan.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Steve, What library are you going to? I am open to going with you, not sure about the whole film crew thing. Lets get together with Garand and have a beer so the folks with skin in the game can discuss, our strategy.

garand_guy

Steve, What library are you going to? I am open to going with you, not sure about the whole film crew thing. Lets get together with Garand and have a beer so the folks with skin in the game can discuss, our strategy.

Yeah, can we get together one night at PTs or something? My Wednesday night is taken by a lady though.

I think it's DTOM and Steve so far, plus me. Anybody else?

solus

this out of state yahoo is definitely impressed with the posting of your articulated stated goals, stated plan and proposed implementation, as well as identifying the expected measured results from said implementation.

said with the utmost sarcasm...

love it when real life bares out points being made.

ipse

DON`T TREAD ON ME

this out of state yahoo is definitely impressed with the posting of your articulated stated goals, stated plan and proposed implementation, as well as identifying the expected measured results from said implementation.

love it when real life bares out points being made.

ipse

Are you talking to me? If so please post the authority by which you demand me tell you anything.

solus

Are you talking to me? If so please post the authority by which you demand me tell you anything.

roflmao...not even a good de niro impersonation...but one hopes you reholstered your piece...

how did you say it, oh ya quote: If so please post the authority by which you demand me tell you anything. unquote.

use both of those statements (tho work on the de niro snarl and guttural speech a bit in front of a mirror) on the librarian...

thanks, truly truly needed to start the day off with a chuckle and a smile...

ipse

BB62

Accomplished Advocate

love it when real life [strike]bares[/strike] bears out points being made.

ipse
This out of state yahoo is wondering why, upon reading what said yahoo believes to be the modifications of NV law brought about by SB175, some individuals are bound and determined to do things the hard way...?

As an out of state yahoo said just yesterday:

...Alternately, you could ask a judge for a declaratory judgement (or the criminal law equivalent), avoiding possible arrest and a civil rights lawsuit.

From SB175: "...Any person who is adversely affected by the enforcement of an ordinance or regulation that violates this section on or after October 1, 2015, may file suit in the appropriate court for declarative and injunctive relief and damages attributable to the violation..."

Last edited by a moderator: