Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using your gun out in public to stop crimmals.

Using your gun out in public to stop crimmals.

I just read a article where a woman tried to stop a shoplifter in the parking lot at home depot. According to the report a man was leaving the store with a shopping cart full of items. A female employee (I believe this is right) follow the suspect out into the parking lot where the suspect jumped into a suv that was driving away. The female has a ccl and shot at the tire of the suv and flatten it. The suspects were caught two days later and charged. Here comes the big news the female is also being charged for disarming a firearm and endangerment. The report also said the female is out on bond and waiting for trial. The place that this all happen was up north. Any comments?

Gregg

Time will tell if she is guilty of these crimes. Typically, lethal force should only be employed when one's life is in danger - not just to protect property. If put in the same situation, there's absolutely no way I'm drawing my weapon, much less firing towards a fleeing suspect. Not cool.

If she felt her life was in danger, she may be justified. Something tells me that's not quite the case here, but I'll await judgement.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhitegm60 View Post
    I just read a article where a woman tried to stop a shoplifter in the parking lot at home depot. According to the report a man was leaving the store with a shopping cart full of items. A female employee (I believe this is right) follow the suspect out into the parking lot where the suspect jumped into a suv that was driving away. The female has a ccl and shot at the tire of the suv and flatten it. The suspects were caught two days later and charged. Here comes the big news the female is also being charged for disarming a firearm and endangerment. The report also said the female is out on bond and waiting for trial. The place that this all happen was up north. Any comments?
    Yes, I have a comment, but first some questions:

Why in the world would you ask? Do you have a concealed carry permit/license? Did you take a class which involved, or sign a statement when applying for your permit/license which indicated that you understood the circumstances under which deadly force could be lawfully employed? Regardless, do you know the answer to the question "(generally) When is the use of deadly force lawful?"

If the answer is YES to the above questions, either turn in your license and sell all your guns, or get educated.

A link URL to the story article would be good.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A link URL to the story article would be good.
    http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2015/10/...se-of-firearm/

nightmare, olde news...http://www.detroitnews.com/story/new...epot/73862066/

this however, yes squirrel...is a far more interesting 36 sec video...http://www.detroitnews.com/videos/ne...4537259519001/ white car should be found and run over...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

But but but only those with a training should be allowed to carry a gun.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Using your gun out in public to stop crimmals

Just to reply the woman was not a employee at home depot. From what I read I agree that she made a big mistake. Her life and no one else's life was in danger. She should have never even pulled her gun out.

Gregg

She is a horse's ass! A CCW does NOT make you a cop. She had no business getting involved and should have her permit revoked. Idiots like this should not be allowed to own a gun, much less carry one!

People like this hurt our cause in the eyes of so many fence riders, and just gives more ammo to the anti's. I'm from MI, and unfortunately, more of my social media acquaintances from there than I care to admit lean to the anti side of things. So when this happened, all I could do was shake my head and sigh.

I read she is going to be charged. She's pretty much screwed and has no one to blame but herself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Makes me wonder what went wrong? She got her permit assuming needed training. Background check to buy the gun. So not a total newbie to the gun world. Why would she see that as a life endangered issue? Weak training? I see on going training for carrying in public very important. Forced gun training jumps all over the 2nd Amendment rights. So how to encourage training for those exercising their 2nd Amendment rights without stepping on those rights.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matrixx860 View Post
    I read she is going to be charged. She's pretty much screwed and has no one to blame but herself.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
    such as it should be with reckless actions, whether it be with a firearm or vehicle, or..., but thankfully they were/are a bad shot and nobody was injured or died.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Makes me wonder what went wrong? She got her permit assuming needed training. Background check to buy the gun. So not a total newbie to the gun world. Why would she see that as a life endangered issue? Weak training? I see on going training for carrying in public very important. Forced gun training jumps all over the 2nd Amendment rights. So how to encourage training for those exercising their 2nd Amendment rights without stepping on those rights.

i know 28k, you prob demo'd your driving skills to a kind DL examiner or in HS, or to get a CDL or MC endorsement and that violates which right in your humble opinion?

nowhere has a statutory mandate for training to get a CC privilege card violate 2nd concepts as i do not believe my reading of the amendment said anything about 'conceal carry' does yours?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 10-17-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Not sure how to answer. Many say the right to bear arms is just that. Nothing more needed. Carrying open or concealed we are covered by the 2nd Amendment. It would appear most all do agree convicted felons cannot be gun owners. In my opinion a good thing.
    I am of opinion if one is to carry all the time they should receive on going training both tactical and legal. I for one do.
    I believe if all who carryed received on going training it would be good for the legal gun owners and their stance. However to put training as a requirement as a condition to legally carry steps all over the 2nd Amendment rights.

Not sure how to answer. Many say the right to bear arms is just that. Nothing more needed. Carrying open or concealed we are covered by the 2nd Amendment. It would appear most all do agree convicted felons cannot be gun owners. In my opinion a good thing.
    I am of opinion if one is to carry all the time they should receive on going training both tactical and legal. I for one do.
    I believe if all who carryed received on going training it would be good for the legal gun owners and their stance. However to put training as a requirement as a condition to legally carry steps all over the 2nd Amendment rights.

Sorry I don't agree, the 2A says nothing about convicted felons. Free wo/men are free wo/men, when they have paid their debt. Plus the lunacy that a criminal will follow the law, that is why they are criminals. The lady in this incident, as in so many DID have training. Your arguments are fallacies, as in most incidents of normally non criminals screwing up with a firearm it is usually those with a permit/training.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Your data is incorrect. I done with you.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Sorry I don't agree, the 2A says nothing about convicted felons. Free wo/men are free wo/men, when they have paid their debt. Plus the lunacy that a criminal will follow the law, that is why they are criminals. The lady in this incident, as in so many DID have training. Your arguments are fallacies, as in most incidents of normally non criminals screwing up with a firearm it is usually those with a permit/training.
    Agreed. You lose your rights after being convicted. Over your time is served and your debt is paid, your rights should be fully restored.

If we feel that you are unable to exercise rights correctly then we shouldn't let you out.

Your data is incorrect. I done with you.

Please then show us the data of OCers who have done what the lady in the OP did? I can show you hundred of incidents of permit holders committing crimes, and doing stupid stuff. Like the man in Walmart who had his gun snatched from the small of his back while concealing in the bathroom at a urinal. I have never seen an OCer carrying a gun in the small of the back, and invitation to a criminal. There is the also the incident where two permit holders in a road rage incident both died. All these people had training.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

28k, weak training...hummm i personally like the headline of someone who is supposedly highly trained:

quote: A 5-year-old girl found a gun in a North Carolina restaurant’s public restroom and the weapon belonged to a State Bureau of Investigation agent. unquote

http://myfox8.com/2015/10/15/5-year-...ants-bathroom/

and to combine weak training with your comment quote Why would she see that as a life endangered issue? unquote.

quote: An off-duty Richmond police officer fatally shot a man Saturday during a confrontation at a Chesterfield County car wash. According to the county police, the officer, whose name has not been released, was out of his personal car and waiting for car wash employees to begin their work when another man entered his car about 9:40 a.m. and drove it through the car wash. unquote

http://www.richmond.com/news/local/c...b51f13953.html

28K, understand i'm just a poor common bloke who carry's a personal firearm for my PD and yet have no mandate to participate in mandatory firearm training activities and yet those individuals can't responsibly use their firearm when dealing with LAC and are extended immunity from judicial oversight unlike this woman who used poor judgement.

ipse

And seeing this is an Oklahoma thread

Tulsa Deputy Sheriff thought he pulled his taser and shot and killed a man.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crime...43e4cfcd1.html

Another case of a trained individual.
    As stated before the 2nd says nothing about training and it says nothing about felons. I too say after someone pays their debt they should get their rights back. As stated if we can't trust them then they need to stay locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggabby View Post
    And seeing this is an Oklahoma thread

Tulsa Deputy Sheriff thought he pulled his taser and shot and killed a man.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/crime...43e4cfcd1.html

Another case of a trained individual.
    As stated before the 2nd says nothing about training and it says nothing about felons. I too say after someone pays their debt they should get their rights back. As stated if we can't trust them then they need to stay locked up.
    Not to mention, it's becoming increasingly easier to be charged with a felony. Even sitting on a turtle for a stupid picture pose:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sted/72877054/

(Not defending her actions, but a felony?)

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    i know 28k, you prob demo'd your driving skills to a kind DL examiner or in HS, or to get a CDL or MC endorsement and that violates which right in your humble opinion?

nowhere has a statutory mandate for training to get a CC privilege card violate 2nd concepts as i do not believe my reading of the amendment said anything about 'conceal carry' does yours?

ipse
    This is quite the troubling interpretation. Hillary, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by mynameiscolb View Post
    Not to mention, it's becoming increasingly easier to be charged with a felony. Even sitting on a turtle for a stupid picture pose:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sted/72877054/

(Not defending her actions, but a felony?)
    Cop can shoot dog in face for no reason, not even a slap on the wrist... Take a picture on a sea turtle, felony...
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    This is quite the troubling interpretation. Hillary, is that you?

Cop can shoot dog in face for no reason, not even a slap on the wrist... Take a picture on a sea turtle, felony...
    stealth, sigh... again the playground name calling...so beneath you...

however, i noticed you didn't provide any viable example(s) of concealed carry mentioned in the amendment nor reference anything from any of the constitutional interpretations i am sure are prolific on al gore's invention?

nor any refutation regarding the training needed to obtain DL, CDL, MC endorsement, oh and in certain States, mandatory training in their respective DF statutes as well as successful completion of live fire exercises at different distances in order to get the privilege card. actually surprised states haven't just saved the money and just added the endorsement on the DL...i mean really my NC CHP number is my DL # and the nice LE upon checking out my vehicle plate knows i have a CHP and their is a good chance i am armed.

however, to serve in a militia, one would believe the recruit needs training...right??

and yet i get subjected to vituperation over comments you didn't or can't refute ?

ipse

https://news.yahoo.com/video/dallas-...022922592.html

thankfully this woman didn't have a firearm...wow is she upset at the BG!!

ipse

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast