Thread: Just did an interview with NBC 12

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Just did an interview with NBC 12

Look for me at 6pm discussing the Governor's new gun laws with reporter Brent Solomon.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Looked for the interview at 6 - either it was on in the minute I was late turning to the channel or it got bumped. It was on the CW News @ 6:30 - kinda/sorta. The whole segment lasted maybe 90 seconds but I'm thinking closer to less than 60.

It's not up at http://www.nbc12.com/story/30244183/...-12-october-18 but may be added after the 11 PM news.

Found in on the CW site. It starts about 1:13:00 here http://www.nbc12.com/clip/11924771/g...xecutive-order

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

So there is going to have a VA reward hotline for reporting 'gun-violators'...

Don't know who in VA knows how state constitution, gun laws and criminal statutes all compare up against rights of the Governor's executive order, but think this type of Diktat can't be done just because a Tyrant says so. Would think some Legislators, pro-gun groups, and constitutional group attorneys have some work to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    So there is going to have a VA reward hotline for reporting 'gun-violators'...

Don't know who in VA knows how state constitution, gun laws and criminal statutes all compare up against rights of the Governor's executive order, but think this type of Diktat can't be done just because a Tyrant says so. Would think some Legislators, pro-gun groups, and constitutional group attorneys have some work to do.

Dear HP -

You already have my address. Please send my winnings via Registered Mail, Return Receipt Requested, fully insured.

Having gotten that out of the way - re: your above - Wanna bet?

Short answer - yes the Governor can, yes the Governor did, and yes it will take a new/different Governor to rescind the EO.

The Legislature cannot do a darned thing. Please go back to your Civics 101 class and review the chapter on three branches of government. The best the General Assembly can do is rewrite the law so that a violation of an Executive order and/or a Virginia Administrative Code regulation is a civil penalty crime as opposed to the current status as a misdemeanor. But that offers only some relief, as in Virginia law we can not only be arrested for trespass for violating the EO but possibly for brandishing or assault/aggravated assault without the handgunn ever leaving the holster. We might beat the rap in court, but that takes time and money and messes up families and jobs.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Thank goodness our Governor here in Texas is weak - can't do much of anything w/o Legislature approval. That might explain why there has been limited OC and CC in Texas for almost 100 years, unlike the Constitutional Gold Star state of VA [emoji7]

I guess I can call the hotline from Texas on you and collect...[emoji601][emoji714][emoji383][emoji383]!!

“Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    --snipped--

I guess I can call the hotline from Texas on you and collect...[emoji601][emoji714][emoji383][emoji383]!!
    The way it should be - havta come collect in person and have your picture taken. Lot like having a winning lottery ticket.

People will want to know who you are.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.