Thread: CPL Change of address in Wash state, help please

CPL Change of address in Wash state, help please

Is there a link to changing your address for concealed pistol license? Or do I have? Changed my drivers license and can't find where to change CPL, if I have to. Also tried "advanced" search but couldn't limit to our state only.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pat View Post
    Is there a link to changing your address for concealed pistol license? Or do I have? Changed my drivers license and can't find where to change CPL, if I have to. Also tried "advanced" search but couldn't limit to our state only.

It's not required by law so I wouldn't worry about it. If you really want to here's the link but they charge you for it.

http://www.dol.wa.gov/business/firea...ealchange.html
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

I got mine changed because it creates hassles when buying handguns.

I didn't change mine until I renewed. No issues buying firearms during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    I don't know how. I sell guns to people with outdated addresses all the time with no issue. As long as the the drivers license is updated in the system/online you are good. The only time you update you're CPL is when you renew. DL does not need to be physically changed, just online. I have customers that get on their smart phones, and update their address all the time.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Ya but my dl and cpl were both out of date. It's OK but I needed some I'd with updated address

Ya but my dl and cpl were both out of date. It's OK but I needed some I'd with updated address
    Well, that's why. It wasn't the CPL being out of date that caused the issue.

Er I mean both my DL and CPL had my old address, though it was the same address. That's totally OK legally, but makes pistol purchases very difficult.

As others have mentioned, there is now requirement to update your address until you renew. You can optionally update the address but you have to pay for it. I now live in Montana and hold my original WA CPL with my WA address on it, until it expires then ill get a new out of state renewal.
    I Am Not A Lawyer, verify all facts presented independently.

It's called the "American Dream" because you have to be asleep to believe it. - George Carlin

I carry a spare tire, in case I have a flat. I carry life insurance, in case I die. I carry a gun, in case I need it.

Just FYI: A lot of us also have Oregon CHL's and Oregon does require that the Sheriff be notified on any change of address (although a time limit is not mentioned).

ORS 166.295 (2): If a licensee changes residence, the licensee shall report the change of address and the sheriff shall issue a new license as a duplication for a change of address. The license shall expire upon the same date as would the original. [1989 c.839 10; 1993 c.735 7; 2007 c.368 4].
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Really? I still have my Kitsap County CPL and my drivers license still has my Kitsap County Address, but I put my Mason County Address on the 4473 and PPA and haven't had a problem.
    (at Cabelas they told me that they can look up the DoLs address computer, I changed my DL to my new address but they don't issue a new physical license)
    they love our milk and honey, but they preach about some other way of living, when they're running down my country man they're walkin' on the fightin side of me

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle View Post
    Really? I still have my Kitsap County CPL and my drivers license still has my Kitsap County Address, but I put my Mason County Address on the 4473 and PPA and haven't had a problem.
    (at Cabelas they told me that they can look up the DoLs address computer, I changed my DL to my new address but they don't issue a new physical license)
    I do most of my buying at Outdoor Emporium at 4th Ave in Seattle as they usually have the best sales I've ever seen on handguns. One time I used my vehicle registration another time I got delayed one day. Rather have no issue at all. WA law may be satisfied by updating the DL online and leaving the CPL alone, but the feds don't care about that. At least that's what I've been told.
    Last edited by Alpine; 10-18-2015 at 11:16 PM.

CPL address change

If your D/L has been updated, you are good to go. Your D/L # is on your CPL. so you are hot linked
    in the system.

.................... Jack