• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 10/17

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
RVA OC Breakfast Sat. 10/17 9:30 am

IHOPS Restaurant
7714 Midlothian Turnpike..........Directions
Richmond, Va. 23235
(804) 327-1650

We have a lot of things we wish to discuss. Not pointing out specifics - use your decoder rings. You may see the court jester from N. Baltimore there.

After solving those little problems, many will be headed to Chesterfield Airport to see Wings of Freedom - the Warbirds.

"The planes include the world’s only Dual Control P-51C Mustang fighter, and B-17 Flying Fortress and B-24 Liberator heavy bombers. Visitors can explore these beautifully restored WWII bombers inside and out, or even become a member of the crew in an unforgettable flight experience getting “stick time” in the greatest fighter aircraft of all time!"
http://www.chesterfield.gov/EventDetails.aspx?id=8590130836&dt=10/16/2015

Last edited:

FBrinson

RVA OC Breakfast Sat. 10/17 9:30 am

IHOPS Restaurant
7714 Midlothian Turnpike..........Directions
Richmond, Va. 23235
(804) 327-1650

We have a lot of things we wish to discuss. Not pointing out specifics - use your decoder rings. You may see the court jester from N. Baltimore there.

After solving those little problems, many will be headed to Chesterfield Airport to see Wings of Freedom - the Warbirds.

"The planes include the world’s only Dual Control P-51C Mustang fighter, and B-17 Flying Fortress and B-24 Liberator heavy bombers. Visitors can explore these beautifully restored WWII bombers inside and out, or even become a member of the crew in an unforgettable flight experience getting “stick time” in the greatest fighter aircraft of all time!"
http://www.chesterfield.gov/EventDetails.aspx?id=8590130836&dt=10/16/2015

I'm probably going to miss all Saturday breakfasts until hunting season is over, unless I organize one in Surry County. We could hang out at the 7-11 and eat powdered donuts. I hope everyone enjoys and feel free to talk about me.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I've been rethinking my previous thoughts that EO#50 applies to the airport. It is clearly a part of the Chesterfield County Government and subject to preemption.

I'm not absolutely sure how TSA rules might apply as it is a General Aviation operation and not a Scheduled Commercial Aviation airport.

With reservation and hesitation my guess is that at least in/on the public access areas OC is still going to be OK (in spite of the desire/wish by TPTB that it were not). How it might work out on the runways/taxiways is still a question in my mind as some of them are going to be closed to flight operations for static displays.

I guess the way to find out is to go there and see what happens.

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm probably going to miss all Saturday breakfasts until hunting season is over, unless I organize one in Surry County. We could hang out at the 7-11 and eat powdered donuts. I hope everyone enjoys and feel free to talk about me.

Good luck FB. I'm on the sidelines until ml starts. Still not sure how I'm going to climb in a stand...but stand or ground, I have to go.
I'm going to try to make the breakfast. Lots to go over.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Good luck FB. I'm on the sidelines until ml starts. Still not sure how I'm going to climb in a stand...but stand or ground, I have to go.
I'm going to try to make the breakfast. Lots to go over.
Says the man with a head like a bull. :)

The breakfast line is forming and keeping our mental[SIZE=+0][SIZE=+0] pyrodex dry.
icon14.png

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Missed Peter Nap and the court jester, but mumbled through the material to be covered.

Three tall and one short went to Chesterfield Airport after.

Crawled through the B-17G and quivered n' twitched at the P-51C (modified) firing up. Standing there in the prop wash with tarmac shaking was a lot like s*x. For $550.00 one can take a 30 min.flight including a fairly low pass over the field. Standing 1450 hp almost on its tail is a sight to behold.

Wings of Freedom - the Warbirds will be there tomorrow too - might go back.

I'll be at Shoney's on W. Broad St. near Parham Rd about 9:30am tomorrow, Sunday.

1245A Defender

Really????

Missed Peter Nap and the court jester, but mumbled through the material to be covered.

Three tall and one short went to Chesterfield Airport after.

Crawled through the B-17G and quivered n' twitched at the P-51C (modified) firing up. Standing there in the prop wash with tarmac shaking was a lot like s*x. For $550.00 one can take a 30 min.flight including a fairly low pass over the field. Standing 1450 hp almost on its tail is a sight to behold.

Wings of Freedom - the Warbirds will be there tomorrow too - might go back.

I'll be at Shoney's on W. Broad St. near Parham Rd about 9:30am tomorrow, Sunday.

Maybe you are not a pilot,,,, maybe you dont have a once in a life time pocket full of cash,,,...

I couldnt be there,,, but I will say, 550 per 1/2 hr in that ship is cheep,,
I would pay!!!
I would do it here,,,, I Have a pocket full of "bucket list" cash for that.
I am a pilot!

Man, What a Way to go,,,, If you did.... Go...

scouser

actually from their website

Flights take place before and after tours.
30-minute flight on the B-17 or B-24 is $450 per person
30-minute flight training on the P-51C is $2200
60-minute flight training on the P-51C is $3200

the bombers had a minimum of 6 passengers needed before they would fly, the Mustang was the only one we saw fly today while we were there, and it made 3 flights before Logan & I left. The third flight we witnessed, the passenger was an old man, by the looks of him I'm purely guessing he was a WW2 Vet. It took him a little time to climb up on the wing and into the cockpit, but you should have been there to see the smile on his face as he was being strapped in. Grapeshot and skidmark had both left by this time and within 5 minutes of this flight taking off Logan said he was ready to leave so unfortunately we didn't get to see him return, would have liked to have spoke to him to find out his 'story'.

If anyone is looking for something to do in Chesterfield tomorrow, it's well worth a visit